Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for opinions on the Storm Compact--who's liking it and why ??? My interest is REALLY peaked with the Compact Carry---not even sure its out there yet or held up in production. Would be awesome if anyone can review that !!!!!
Thanks guys

Reactions: Skullthumper

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
Mine is the PX4 sub-compact, works a bit different. Liked how easily it actually conceals, liked the design / operation better, the quality, etc. And the fact that several agencies had been carrying them for 3-4 yrs before they released them to the public. During that time, they also fixed, resdesigned, changed , etc. any issues brought up by the Depts using them. The response of Officers were very positive. So, that was a selling point to me and I talked to some who had been carrying them. The PX4 is considered part of the "Storm" series.

For a couple of years at least, there were some issues with Storm Compact in the .40 cal, and more in the .45 cal versions. But, it seems they got all of those worked out and fixed and haven't heard of anything new. The 9mm's never seemed to have those issues, or that I ever heard about. I know a few officers that carry them as their personal guns ... and they all like them.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
There's one at a LGS for $775 right now (plus 8% tax). I really like it but can't justify buying one right now. I have a few Berettas already in both the 92 and PX4 series but don't actually carry any of them. I like shooting them though.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
While we don't have the new carry versions my wife does have the Px4 compact. Its a good pistol imho.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reactions: darbo

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Beretta PX4 9mm full-size is my EDC.
Compact would be nice, but full-size works for me.
Sub compact really never interested me.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is there something beyond the price that's holding people back ???? Or maybe a tad heavy for EDC ???
Gets great reviews on the Beretta forum of course.... I've not had much trigger time on Beretta---would imagine them to be quite nice !!!!!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
My daughter has that PX4 Storm Compact 9mm w/stainless. Not only is it a beautiful piece, it shoots very smoothy. Great for conceal carry!

·
Registered
9,340 Posts
I really like the Feel of the STORM in my hand. I am not that good with DA/SA but the F model STORM was unacceptable to me. A "G" model Decocker peaks my interest alot !

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
I converted mine from F to G.
At first a simple matter of removing the detent ball and spring from the safety/decocker lever.
Later installed the low-profile "stealth" levers that are G (decocker-only).
I have no issues with SA/DA transition.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts