Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Kind of like my Beretta Tomcat in 7.65 mm or as we know it, 32 acp! Yeah...it’s a small caliber but not really into caliber wars. Retired LEO with 36+ years of service and a real gunfight or two thrown in...so not really talking out my rear. Like it because it’s easy to carry concealed and easy for my 72 year old arthritic wrists to operate due to the tip up barrel. Mine has some nice after market bonded ivory grips installed by Beretta and is the Wide Slide model. So far, with several hundred rounds of the recommended ammo through it...no cracks in frame. Is it as good a round as my Colt 45acp, or my 44 Specials? Nope! But I rarely carry the big guys these days and don’t feel under-gunned when carrying it. Think about it...no handgun caliber is really a man stopper. If you want that carry a 12 gauge or a 50 BMG...maybe even a 454 Casull! And lots of luck trying to carry those concealed!

53BD74B9-49E8-40F0-BAE1-0121E2722F7D.jpeg

Cheers
Lunger

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
Welcome from Idaho!

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
Welcome from Ky.

You won’t get any argument from me on what ya carry.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
welcome from PA.

Any gun on you is FAR better than the one you left at home if the need arises. Carry on :)

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
The tip-up barrels have significant advantages for some! I think it is a marvelous design.

Welcome too!
I think it's important to not let your mouse gun get frolicked around on the ice like a puck. They will do that to shame you, know?

·
Super Moderator
50,574 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

RET :31:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Greetings from South Ga!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Hello all,
Kind of like my Beretta Tomcat in 7.65 mm or as we know it, 32 acp! Yeah...it’s a small caliber but not really into caliber wars. Retired LEO with 36+ years of service and a real gunfight or two thrown in...so not really talking out my rear. Like it because it’s easy to carry concealed and easy for my 72 year old arthritic wrists to operate due to the tip up barrel. Mine has some nice after market bonded ivory grips installed by Beretta and is the Wide Slide model. So far, with several hundred rounds of the recommended ammo through it...no cracks in frame. Is it as good a round as my Colt 45acp, or my 44 Specials? Nope! But I rarely carry the big guys these days and don’t feel under-gunned when carrying it. Think about it...no handgun caliber is really a man stopper. If you want that carry a 12 gauge or a 50 BMG...maybe even a 454 Casull! And lots of luck trying to carry those concealed!

View attachment 301540

Cheers
Lunger
Had one...

Sold it...

Regretted it!

Welcome to DC from Arkansas!

:hand15:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the kind welcome all! I was so excited to post my thread that I forgot the social niceties of introducing myself which is what this thread is supposed to be for. So here goes..I am from Ohio, 72+ years old, and a retired Deputy Sheriff with 36 years of service. I am an amateur photographer and though I own Nikons and Canons, my favorite camera is a Leica. Waiting for warmer weather so I can put it through the wringer..so to speak. I also collect custom made knives and like to work in wood. I have a 24 x 24 wood shop with Swedish Workbenches and most every kind of hand and power tool available. Am an Amateur Radio License holder, KD8WKI. I also like Akubra hats, the one on my avatar photo is a Cockatoo. Hoping to contribute to the forums as well as learning new things.
Well..I’ve rectified my social laxity now...so,
Cheers,
Lunger

“Well…..there’s only one fight.”
David L. (Bigfoot) Green
Deputy Sheriff 1976-2010 Ret.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts