1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
"excuse me, Sir, but, uhhh....you were, like, violating social norms of acceptable conduct by rolling through that red light. We're trying to make sure that our city streets are 'safe spaces', like, you know....uh...so if you could attend the next Good Citizen Positivity class, I'd, like, really appreciate that......"

·
Registered
8,417 Posts
It's "Berserkly," California for heaven's sake! They might as well. It's been an insane crap-show for decades. I doubt anyone will even notice the change.

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
One of those things that just can’t be fixed, minds like that. The kind of stupid you want to see but not really.

·
Premium Member
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't make enough popcorn to get me through the rest of this years crap show.
Forget the TP shortage, next one will be on popcorn.
Now that they have cancelled Live PD and COPS. These traffic stops will be quite entertaining. I hope they make a reality show about it.
What will they call it?

·
Registered
107 Posts
"Sir.. I mean, er.. What is your preferred gender pronoun? ...OK, right. Well, I noticed you used the forbidden term, 'manhole cover,' when talking on your phone to your... partner? Right. Well, that term is forbidden in Berkeley. No, you're not under arrest, but you will be subject to immediate cancellation. Enjoy your shame. What? ...Uh, put the gun away. Put the gun away now. Oh (bleep), oh (bleep)! Help, someone call he Poli- ...Ah, crap!"

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
I'd almost drive through that there way just to witness a traffic stop, but I'm afraid I'd get stuck in court as a witness to a murder.

·
Registered
7,077 Posts
If they ain’t cops I ain’t stoppin!
If they ain't cops, the ladies in my family will come out shooting.

@LimaCharlie The bill for the city employees medical / death benefit insurance policy goes through the roof.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Speeding tickets for less than 10 mph over the speed limit on a HWY is just a revenue maker for the city/county/state. Should not even be a job for LE.

The last time I got stopped for not signaling for a turn, I remarked to the LEO that when he turned to follow me, he did not have his turn signal on. Again, another revenue maker for the city/state/county.

On my morning run I see routinely 4-6 SAPD officers speeding, like 20 MPH over the speed limit on a 40 mph rd. And no, they are not answering a call. It is every morning. They are meeting up for breakfast.

FIne with me with what Berkley wants to do.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
This won't end well when one of those unarmed civilians goes to make a traffic stop on some gang bangers from Compton! :oops: This won't end well!

·
Registered
34,523 Posts
They tried that here in FL, with a private company monitoring traffic cameras and issuing tickets for those running red lights. It got tossed for a number of reasons, one being the tickets were not issued by LE.

Reactions: surefire7

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
What happens when the person stopped for a minor traffic infraction has a warrant for murder?
Over 80% of the warrants we served in the jail I worked in were discovered from traffic stops and running their license. We used to joke if the fools would just take the bus they would never get caught.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Can’t wait to see how DUI’s are handled
I imagine the City Official will order up a couple of Wendy's Frostys and a large fries. The 'crisis resolution team' can then consult with a substance abuse counselor and a driver's education rep. Using cultural sensitivity methods, the offender can be offered a range of educational opportunities that will suit his/her/them's work schedule and child-care plan.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts