Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is an average price on these NIB? Also, who owns one and what has been your experience? Thanks

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
According to one measure, GunBroker auction results from recent sales: Thunder 380's seem to be ~$325-360 or so; Thunder UC Pro's are another $100 above that.

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
I have a stainless Bersa Thunder 380 CC. It's a great little firearm. I bought mine used for $250. It took me 30 seconds to remove the grip panels and take out the C spring that engages the magazine disconnect safety. Great little shooter, 8+1, and pretty easy to be accurate with considering it has virtually no sights. Rounded no snag design, hammered semi-auto with de-cocker / safety. Can carry it de-cocked on a quarter cock setting and safety off and you're ready to rock and roll. Strips easily for cleaning too.

A buddy of mine has the regular Bersa Thunder 380 and it's a smoother shooter, but a little bigger gun. I also have a Bersa Thunder 9 ultra compact 9mm and I LOVE that gun. It's a little heavy relative to some other guns that size, but at 13+1 capacity and all steel internal components, long slide rails, and an alloy metal frame it is built like a tank and a buttery smooth shooter.

All in all, Bersa firearms are well built, reliable, and affordable.

·
Banned
2,030 Posts
My edc is a thrunder 380. It has two 7 round mags. I saw a brand NIB a couple of weeks ago for $275. I have had mine for a few years and you can't do better than a bersa thunder. Maybe the BEST gun you can buy.

·
Premium Member
10,172 Posts
I have a stainless Bersa Thunder 380 CC. It's a great little firearm. I bought mine used for $250. It took me 30 seconds to remove the grip panels and take out the C spring that engages the magazine disconnect safety. Great little shooter, 8+1, and pretty easy to be accurate with considering it has virtually no sights. Rounded no snag design, hammered semi-auto with de-cocker / safety. Can carry it de-cocked on a quarter cock setting and safety off and you're ready to rock and roll. Strips easily for cleaning too.

A buddy of mine has the regular Bersa Thunder 380 and it's a smoother shooter, but a little bigger gun. I also have a Bersa Thunder 9 ultra compact 9mm and I LOVE that gun. It's a little heavy relative to some other guns that size, but at 13+1 capacity and all steel internal components, long slide rails, and an alloy metal frame it is built like a tank and a buttery smooth shooter.

All in all, Bersa firearms are well built, reliable, and affordable.
Yup!

Reactions: 65108

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
They seem to run around $300 at Bud's depending on the version. At one point I really wanted one but now that I have a Bersa BP9CC and a Beretta Nano I don't have much need for a .380.

·
Premium Member
4,085 Posts
We shelled out 265 for my wife's Bersa a few years ago. My first reaction to the gun was pretty negative but I trust that particular gun at the shop we were in. We took it home. It just works all the time, it's that simple.

I've divested myself of the caliber but my wife likes the easy recoil so it'll probably stay here for a long time. I'll say this; it's proven itself much more reliable than the P238 ever dreamed of being. So the Bersa is sitting in the drawer right now and the Sig went walk about. I'm finally learning that the label doesn't always tell the whole story about the quality.

·
Premium Member
24,512 Posts
Price on the runs in the $300. range. Great little guns. Accurate, and reliable. The first one I owned was the Thunder 380 DLX, with the extended magazine. Ended up selling it to a friend who needed something for home defense, many years ago. Have the Thunder Bi-tone now. Well worth what you pay for it.

·
Registered
412 Posts
My LGS has 2 of em in matte finish for $319.00
I have an older version of the Thunder thats all steel ( 383A ) if my experience with it is any indication, you are buying a long time companion that will serve you well and with a dignity that some "bigger name brands" wish they had. There is nothing wrong with a "Blue collar" worker that does its job flawlessly.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
My wifes pick up a bersa 380CC for 250 dollars with the dual finish, The stores thunder is 260 and the 15 shot is higher at 320. My wife and daughter carry a bersa CC as one of there carry pistols both have showed they will shoot everthing tried reliably.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
I have 2 of the 380 Thunders 1 is a special run of 10 made for the Importer Eagle. I have #6 . I trust the Bersa as my carry pistol I have given 9mm to my step son and 9mm to a nephew . Next week end my #2 daughter takes her ccw class . She will be shooting my 380 Thunder.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think its a nice little gun for the price. My brother-in-law and several other people I know have had an issue of it bighting their gripping hand somehow when the slide comes back. Ive shot it a bunch with no issues and can't figure out what their problem is.

There's one used in a LGS for $230. Ive considered buying it just because its so cheap.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I paid $269 +tax for my reverse duo-tone Thunder 380 in Sept 2012. Really, there's nothing not to like about this pistol, especially for that price. Obviously, the current insanity is driving prices up on everything.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Goin price is around $250 to $300. They got one with crimson trace laser grips thats about $400 or so. I have the thunder 380 and its been a great little gun good shooter and carrys well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I purchased my Bersa Thunder Nickle finish just after Christmas. Total cost was $306. It would have been under $300 but I paid with credit card instead of check, so I was charge a nominal 2.4% (I think) fee for the credit card transaction. No tax and free shipping. :smile:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I am at least interested in looking at these for a possible second carry gun for warmer months.

Looking on the gallery of guns, I see so many variants of this gun, especially the weight. Most weigh 23 oz, but the combat one weighs 20 oz, and the concealed carry matte model weighs 18.2 oz.(concealed carry matte model). I am talking just of the ones with the 8+1 capacity. Looks like they are in the $280ish range for most of them, but some models are pretty pricey.

Just curious as to which one is the "classic" one that you that own one carry? Is it possible to pocket carry one? Are they heavier than a comparable ss 9 because they have more metal in them?

Thanks for helping this newbie learn more about pistols!

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
It may be an old thread, but I'm an old man, so I'll try to give a reasonable answer. I like the BT380 well enough that I currently own two of them and for my SD mags, I use Corbon DPX JHP rounds. Bought the matte black BT380 new several years ago and then after a disappointing experience with an S&W made Walther 380 due to the difficulty in reassembly after cleaning, I traded up for a used LNIB BT380 nickel version about the same age as my original one. I carry the matte black 380 with the 9rd DLX extended grip mag far more than I do my Thunder 9UCs as is far easier to conceal as an OWB concealed carry.

Reactions: namtrag

·
Registered
92 Posts
It may be an old thread, but I'm an old man, so I'll try to give a reasonable answer. I like the BT380 well enough that I currently own two of them and for my SD mags, I use Corbon DPX JHP rounds. Bought the matte black BT380 new several years ago and then after a disappointing experience with an S&W made Walther 380 due to the difficulty in reassembly after cleaning, I traded up for a used LNIB BT380 nickel version about the same age as my original one. I carry the matte black 380 with the 9rd DLX extended grip mag far more than I do my Thunder 9UCs as is far easier to conceal as an OWB concealed carry.
I have been watching lots of reviews on the BT 380 and BT 380cc, and they seem rock solid.

If I were to get one, it would be probably my warm weather carry, as I am getting ready to start carrying my M&P 9c now in the cool weather. It is my first ever pistol.

The big debate/discussion is about why would you get a BT 380 for $250-300 when you can get a single stack 9 like the LC-9s, which is almost identical in size, and can be bought for $300-350 at our local gun show.

The main reason I can think of is it MAY shoot more accurately, and is definitely a lot sweeter looking pistol, in my opinion, especially in the two tone nickel!

So many pistols, so little time! lol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts