Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took my new Bersa UC9Pro to the range today
and thought I would let you guys know how it shot.
The ammo was all FMJ Winchester white box from
WalMart.
I shot about 200 round of it and the gun was great,
no FTF or FTE at all.
The gun is DA/SA and the only issue I have with it is
that the trigger has a long hard pull when fired DA.
This is good and bad because it makes it safer to
carry with the safety off but it also is hard to shoot
accurately firing DA.
As far as size and CCing it I would put it between a
Glock G26 and a Glock G19 with accuracy shooting
it SA about the same as a Glock.
All in all I Think it a great gun for the money
I paid $339.00 for it new in the box.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good to me. Any pictures?
That was my plan until I found out the camera batteries
are dead.when I get them charged up I post some.
Sorry about that,:embarassed:

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well this is not the best photo I've taken but
its better than nothing, well maybe.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
Nice little guns

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Sounds like a great carry gun.... :yup:

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Very nice, Bersa hanguns are one of the best bang for the buck on the market. Shows inexpensive does not always mean cheaply made.

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
That's a nice size gun to carry, almost like a medium-size 1911. I was considering one a few years ago, but couldn't find any in our area to try.

Then I got distracted by a bunch of other guns. :smile:

Glad it runs well for you. Hope you don't have any problem finding holsters for it.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a nice size gun to carry, almost like a medium-size 1911. I was considering one a few years ago, but couldn't find any in our area to try.

Then I got distracted by a bunch of other guns. :smile:

Glad it runs well for you. Hope you don't have any problem finding holsters for it.
Thanks,
I carry in bellybands or fannypacks most of the time so its
not too big of a deal if holsters turn out to be hard to find.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Dang! That is a good price for that pistol. I had a Bersa .380 years ago and as I recall it was a good shooter as well. I agree allot of bang for the buck. Congrats.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
IMO, Bersas are the most underrated and best value for the buck firearms out there, hands down. I have a 380CC and it's one of the most reliable, accurate, and tough guns I own. I was at a gun show recently and saw a few of the UC9's there as well as many .380's and had I not just plunked down $$$ for a Seecamp elsewhere, I would have grabbed one of those UC9s.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
My wife is giving serious thought to getting her CC. That particular gun might fit the bill nicely for her. Thanks for the report, and Congrats!

Just curious....since it is single action/double action, does it have a manual decocker or a safety? Do you carry with one in the tube and hammer up or down?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
My wife is giving serious thought to getting her CC. That particular gun might fit the bill nicely for her. Thanks for the report, and Congrats!

Just curious....since it is single action/double action, does it have a manual decocker or a safety? Do you carry with one in the tube and hammer up or down?
I can't speak 100% for the 9mm Bersas, but I'm pretty sure the setup is the same as for the .380's. There is a decocker which is also the safety, and since the pull is DA when decocked, there really is no reason to have that safety on. I use mine ONLY as a decocker; one in the tube, hammer down, safety off.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have a hard time getting specs for Bersas... their website isn't too helpful. I'd like to know the width of the UC9 as it's one I"m considering. Anyone?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I have a hard time getting specs for Bersas... their website isn't too helpful. I'd like to know the width of the UC9 as it's one I"m considering. Anyone?
Did you try this site (The US importer for Bersas, BTW):

Bersa Gun Specs

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
have a hard time getting specs for Bersas... their website isn't too helpful. I'd like to know the width of the UC9 as it's one I"m considering. Anyone?
I got this from their site:

CALIBER: 9 MM
OPERATION: Semi-Automatic
ACTION: Double Action
OVERALL LENGTH: 6.5"
HEIGHT: 4.5"
WIDTH: 1.5"
BARREL LENGTH: 3.5"
WEIGHT: 24.5 oz
SIGHTS: White Outline Target Sight
MAGAZINE CAPACITY: 10/13 Rounds
SAFETIES: Manual, Firing Pin
FINISH: Matte, Satin Nickel
GRIPS: Anatomically Designed Polymer Grips
TRIGGER PULL: 8 to 13 lbs. Double Action / 5 to 7 lbs. Single Action

·
Registered
521 Posts
Looks like great value for the money. Does yours have polygonal barreling?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Thanks...I'm thinking of getting a XDSC and was interested in how the Bersa compared.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

It has a safety a that is also a decocker ,IE you flip it up and it stays up , decocking the gun and disconnecting the trigger at the same time.
The hammer is carried down and in DA mode only because the safety is a decocker (ie you flip the safety on , the hammer drops) it can be carried with or without the safety in DA mode.Its you choice.
I carry it with one in the pipe and no safety, like a revolver

1 - 20 of 28 Posts