Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of material makes the best, lint-free cleaning rags? I've cut up a couple of old shirts to make rags from, but they leave a coat of lint (especially on parkerized surfaces) when I'm wiping Break-Free oil onto my guns.

If there is a fabric that works well, I will go to the local Salvation Army store and stock up.

Thanks,
Rick

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Rick - I usually find T-Shirts do pretty well - but preferably the well worn ones that have been thru the wash a lot!! Best ones I had were old skinny type with a rather obvious weave - very lint free.

Otherwise good cotton stuff like pillow slips or even worn out cotton sheets. Cotton tho does not always seem soft enough or thick enough.

So much depends on initial mix tho as to lint aspect - I think the much washed angle helps most.

·
Registered
262 Posts
My X was a nurse and she brought home tons of the blue cotton rags that they use in surgical procedures and normaly would destroy. I would give them a good bath and use the hell out of them. They are of high quality and take forever to wear out. The supply is getting low, so I guess I need a new nurse in my life. :)

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
blacksan, I just happen to work at a hospital...think I'll take a walk over to Central Supply and see if they have any extras :yup:

And if I see any extra nurses, I'll let you know...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts