Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
Service rifle enthusiast
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Carry a G43X. Is there any other comparable pistol out there I should try out? Semi-auto 9mm, at least 10 rounds. Nothing wrong with my G43X, but sometimes prefer variety. I am 6'3"/210 so nothing smaller, but same size range. Thanks.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Another vote for the P365. Favorite gun I've ever carried. I can shoot it just as fast and accurately as a full sized gun.
Having said that, try them all. Rent a P365, a Hellcat, and a new Shield Plus. Don't pick your gun based on the opinions of a bunch of guys who you've never even met before.

·
Premium Member
6,814 Posts
Sig p365. the end. nothing else. it's not up for discussion. anyone tries to tell you differently should be reported to the authorities
10000% ditto what smokeman said. I just sold my P320 compact because the P365 made it superfluous. Think of it: A 12+1 9mm that fits easily into the front pocket, with 15rd mags available as spares. That’s like putting my old MK25 (SEAL tm 6) into my pocket!

·
Premium Member
6,814 Posts
interesting he ranks the hellcat as only fourth
I admit to a Sig bias having attended the Sig Academy five times for advanced instructor level courses. I also have never fired a Hellcat. But I’ve never taken well to Glocks either and I put the Hellcat in the same category. I’ve owned five Glocks and sold them all.

·
Premium Member
6,814 Posts
i've sold a lot of glocks as well. just don't care for 'em. never shot the hellcat; i'd like to
The only reason I’d want to fire the Hellcat is to try out the optic. I’ve been considering attending the new class at the Sig Academy that features training on their optical products.

Reactions: spclopr8tr

·
Registered
7,483 Posts
Original Shield in 9mm and I also have another one in 40Cal with a 357 Sig conversion BBL....... Next up, Glock 26 or a 27 ( I have both) I ALSO carry a HK P7 PSP Squeeze Cocker pistol. Of course, I carry ANY flavor of 1911 gun...mostly 45/10mm/38 Super Ctgs.... Kinda says it all with me...

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Another vote for the P365 here. IMO for a subcompact/micro it can't be beat. Then again, I was not a fan of the G43 - enough so that I didn't even bother to try the 43X when it came out. And I've not fired a Shield, which many say is a great gun. Try as many as you can and make your decision based on what's best for you.

·
Premium Member
6,814 Posts
My vote would go to the Smith Wesson M&P Shield line. I prefer the .45 ACP.
I need to say as well that my preference for the Sig P365 is for around town here in East Tennessee, only. If I’m going to cross the mountains say shopping with the wife or even just riding my Slingshot, my carry will be a 1911 45 acp or 1911 in 10mm.
For those who don’t know the Slingshot:

1 - 20 of 86 Posts