Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Okay before I have people clamoring in here highlighting the fact that there is no "best" gun... yes, I already know. Don't waste your time trying to convince me about how much this question doesn't make any sense.

I want this thread to be more of an opinion piece. In your opinion, what do you think is the best every day carry DA/SA pistol for you personally and why?

For me, I'm really partial towards the following:

1. 92 Elite LTT Centurion - (Capacity, Trigger, Build Quality, Aesthetics (it's a beautiful gun))
2. CZ P-01 Omega (CGW) - (CGW takes this pistol to another level, I believe that they are now shipping with 15 round mags. (upgraded from the original 14 rounds))
3. Beretta PX4 Storm Compact Carry (LTT) - (No experience with this pistol but it definitely has my attention... there is just something about it which calls to me)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Out of those I will say the CZ. I have and occasionally carry a cajunized pcr and it's just about perfect to me. I had a WC beretta 92 centurion tactical vertec . It was probably one of the best pistols I ever had, but it was a little to big to carry owb for me. I've never handled the other one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34,640 Posts
S&W 6906. Compact, 12 rounds, good DA & SA trigger, 100% reliable. As Tina Turner would say, it's "simply the best, better than all the rest"!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
My best DA/SA pistol for edc is my HK P2000SK.

Why? Because it's a Heckler & Koch. 😁

I can use my X-grip with my P2000 mags for more capacity, or use the 10 round mags for extra concealment.

It's very accurate, in my hands, and the XS Big Dot is extremely quick on target.

Attachments

·
Registered
Pistoleer
494 Posts
CZ-75 compact. Great all around ergonomics and you can get it in all steel for a very durable and slim design as less material is needed in the design of the pistol in comparison to aluminum and plastic frames.

·
Registered
7,969 Posts
sig p229.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
I like my Sig P365XL because it is lightweight, thin, carries well, carries 12+1 or 15+1, is reliable. It shoots accurately and I shoot it well.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
15,822 Posts
The only one I own is an S&W 1006 10mm made in 1990. I rarely carry it because I like single-action 1911s much better.

·
Registered
221 Posts
For a DA/SA it would probably be between my CZ PCR and Walther P99 AS. Both are very accurate, good triggers/re-sets, ergonomic and totally reliable. I think I give the edge to the CZ PCR because it's a bit slimmer and the grip is more stable in my hand

·
Registered
81 Posts
Okay, here are the cold hard facts...

The best DA/SA EDC pistol is a tie between two guns—and only two guns—depending on weight restrictions for any given day/event.

If you can take the 34 ounces in weight for superior accuracy and overall awesomeness, my black-as-night INFINITELY-BETTER-THAN-LEGION SIG Sauer P229 Enhanced Elite w/full-size Nickel finish/awesome-accented slide release, Legion decocker, more fully textured Hogue G10 checkered grips w/torx screws (lacking the goofy Legion medallion), more fully textured & larger aluminum frame grip (than its Legion counterpart which has that goofy aft cut), original-and-still-the-best Grayguns Classic PSAIT trigger, Grayguns Custom Fat Super Black Guide Rod, XS Standard Dot night sights chambered in the superior flat-shooting .357 SIG, but also chambered for versatility in .40 S&W & 9mm (by way of a OEM & Bar-Sto 9mm conversion barrel respectively) with both Mec-Gar Anti-Friction Coated and OEM 17+1, 15+1, and 12+1 magazines. Other than the trigger, the internals are factory including the heavier-and-more-dependable OEM hammer spring for superior reliability in the worst conditions.

Do you see it? Do you know what this means??? Do you know how incredibly superior it is in every way to merely owning a 9mm Parabellum?!!! This is a 9mm freaking magnum! Umm, hello? Can your .355" diameter bullet scream out of a Beretta 92/A1 long-ass barrel anywhere near as fast as my .355" diameter bullet? Ah, I think not!

Now, if you cannot take the weight for the day/event (even carrying AIWB), my GLOCK 26/GLOCK 19-sized faster-flatter-shooting-than-your-9mm LAGNDONIZED 20-round Beretta PX4 Storm Compact Inox with its unique and superior rotary barrel design, unique and better-looking-than-yours stainless steel slide, pu**yless (no-manual-safety) reduced profile LTT G-style decocking "Carry Lever", LTT-exclussive orange HIGH contrast/blacked-out reduced silhouette rear Ameriglo night sights, LTT Optimized Performance Trigger Bar (with SUPER-FREAKN'-SHORT RESET), 10# chrome silicon hammer spring (6.5-7.5 lb. DA/4-4.5 lb. SA——————I've even pulled less than 4 lbs.!!!), enlarged magazine catch, which is wrapped for your bloody pleasure in the new and superior to any Talon Grips you've ever owned (Talon-PRO-Grips) IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST 27 OUNCE DA/SA CONCEALED CARRY PISTOL ON PLANET EARTH.

Let's face it, even your fancy $3,000-$4,000 custom-built guns are a distant 3rd place to my carry guns!!!

Okay, that was fun and, of course, totally in jest.

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I was obviously kidding about these being the best, but they are pretty damn good DA/SA options worth considering in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts