Defensive Carry banner

81 - 100 of 103 Posts

Registered
you have made a few post in this thread a without any reference to the ops question regarding it being a DA/SA pistol, do you know what DA/SA means or not? everthing you are spouting off about is striker fired.
I'm pretty sure i mentioned that i carry my Taurus 357 revolver. So that would count as a DA/SA correct. Or are you just spouting off at me cause you're one of those people that believes you're smarter than anyone else and only you have the right to comment. So since i don't know you and your words don't hold any merit with me, you can move on to someone else who will let you bully them. Cause that's not happening here buddy.

Registered
I'm pretty sure i mentioned that i carry my Taurus 357 revolver. So that would count as a DA/SA correct. Or are you just spouting off at me cause you're one of those people that believes you're smarter than anyone else and only you have the right to comment. So since i don't know you and your words don't hold any merit with me, you can move on to someone else who will let you bully them. Cause that's not happening her buddy.
馃榿 sure thing 馃槝

Registered
I know some people get their panties in a twist if you talk about guns that are other than the subject. My other DA/SA. Springfield Compact Ranger Officer Elite in 9mm, 4 inch barrel.

Registered
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I normally go commando to avoid "twist" and just so you know that 1911 is SAO or non-acronym format Single Action Only :whistle:

Registered
Yeah, I hate to pile on anyone here, but...

Far a gun to be true DA/SA, without touching the hammer:

Your gun looks like this, you then pull the trigger:

After which, your gun looks like this until the magazine is emptied:

Again, all of this is done without once touching, or moving the hammer.

Of note, there is no DA/SA revolver in the world. Yes, they are DA or SA, but DA/SA refers to a semi-automatic platform, where, the first shot can be DA or SA, and all subsequent shots are SA only without any input from the shooter involving the hammer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered

Of note, there is no DA/SA revolver in the world. Yes, they are DA or SA, but DA/SA refers to a semi-automatic platform, where, the first shot is DA or SA, and all subsequent shots are SA only without any input from the shooter involving the hammer.

beautiful little S&W you have there.

Registered
I was a late comer to plastic striker fired guns and after several Glocks and M&P pistols I'm back down to just my G23, as far as knowledge and experience I have been shooting as long as I can remember, I was around 6 or 7 when I got a single shot .22 rifle and single shot .410, first pistol that really sticks in my mind from those years was my dad's Ruger Blackhawk in .30 carbine. (I'm 48 now so lets call it 40+ years of smelling cordite)
these are my DA/SA pistols
CZ 40B (sold it)

Tanfoglio Mossad 9mm (sold it ,too shiney)

:confused:Sig P6 ( traded it for some stupid reason)

Sig P229 (main EDC)

HK USP40 (traded it for a Colt Officers 1911)

Sig P226 (traded it for a Sig P227 SAS)

Sig P227 SAS (EDC rotation pistol)

CZ P07 9mm (traded it for a Glock :sneaky: )

Radon Polish P64 9mm MAK (pocket rocket)

Registered
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I normally go commando to avoid "twist" and just so you know that 1911 is SAO or non-acronym format Single Action Only :whistle:
The original post states, what is the best DA/SA, So the the / stands for OR. If the question was asking what would be the best DA gun, that would be something different. Or if it said best SA, but it didn't. It asks what is the best of either DA or SA. So again my answer is not incorrect. I don't think you really know what you're talking about. Do you even understand the question. It's asking which of the two types is better for EDC. You may want to go back to school and re take the comprehension class

Registered
Reactions: subhuman

Registered
The original post states, what is the best DA/SA, So the the / stands for OR. If the question was asking what would be the best DA gun, that would be something different. Or if it said best SA, but it didn't. It asks what is the best of either DA or SA. So again my answer is not incorrect. I don't think you really know what you're talking about. Do you even understand the question. It's asking which of the two types is better for EDC. You may want to go back to school and re take the comprehension class
learn your terminology, and please don't light a match to see where you are, with your head inserted that deeply the methane explosion may be lethal

Registered
My only DA/SA pistols, that I am thinking of at the moment, are my Makarov, my PK380, and my HK P30. I would not recommend the Makarov. It is heavy, out of the box it needs tuning, and as a blowback pistol, it has a very snappy recoil. However, the P30 is an excellent alternative to the near-ubiquitous (hmm. . . second time I have used that phrase today:unsure:) Glock 19.

The P30 is very similar in size to the G19 and offers DA/SA, or a DA only configuration. It is accurate and reliable and has a paddle magazine release, which I prefer. My reason for it not being my "daily carry" pistol is that it is big. That would take me to the P30sk. The P30sk is about the size of the PK380 and is on my shopping list, it offers DA/SA, and a paddle release in a smaller package.

I really can't say best because that is such a subjective thing. As an example, using pistols I have already named, the PK380 and the P30sk are near-identical, but in different calibres. That difference in calibres is a show stopper for some. The HK is also a bit wider and heavier (there goes "near-identical" for some).

Registered
Until I went to striker fired poly guns, I carried a S&W 3913, and excellent example of the type. A 6906 would be a good choice as well.

Registered
learn your terminology, and please don't light a match to see where you are, with your head inserted that deeply the methane explosion may be lethal
Already learned, but i've been spoken to worse by better people. You're just a guy that i don't know, Move along

Registered
Sig M11-A1. Essentially a P229 without a rail, with a Short Reset Trigger (SRT), Sig Night Sights, and phosphate coated internals. Undeniably reliable, and very accurate\. It's a pleasure to shoot.

Registered
I just...I can鈥檛. I鈥檓 leaving this here and then I鈥檓 out.

Nice steal on the 469, subhuman!

Guys, some advice from Mark Twain: "Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Premium Member

Of note, there is no DA/SA revolver in the world. Yes, they are DA or SA, but DA/SA refers to a semi-automatic platform, where, the first shot can be DA or SA, and all subsequent shots are SA only without any input from the shooter involving the hammer.

Ah, there actually is a DA/SA revolver. The Mateba Autorevolver.

Video here:

You can see the SA/DA action starting at 14:35.

It's a very odd weapon. In keeping with the OP's question, I would not say the autorevolver is the "best" DA/SA gun out there. No, definitely not the best.

Registered
My GP100 revolvers can shoot DA, and SA. ;)

My P220 and P229 pistols served most excellently. My P220 had the 鈥淓uropean鈥 heel-clip magazine release, so I sold it, In early 1993, to finance an 鈥淎merican鈥 P220, only to discover that the newer version did not fit me as well. I eventually acquired .40 S&W P229 pistols, when that cartridge became the standard duty pistol cartridge, where I worked. I actually went with DAK, for the P229R in my duty holster, but had two all-stainless steel versions, which were DA/SA, and liked them, too.

I phased-down my accumulation of P229 pistols, starting in 2011, when .40 recoil, plus that high bore axis, starting really aggravating the arthritis in my right thumb and wrist. When my chief finally OK鈥檈d 9mm as an alternative duty cartridge, in 2015, my only remaining P229 was the DAK, and I transitioned to 9mm Glocks.

So, I would say that a 9mm, all-stainless steel, P229 or P226 would be my theoretical best DA/SA auto-loading pistol. The solid stainless construction would damp muzzle flip. 9mm would cause less muzzle flip. The classic SIG design would be familiar, so I would not have to start from scratch, with familiarization. (My days of high-round-count range sessions, with centerfire handguns, are over, so familiarity is a desirable factor.)

I recently acquired a well-preserved S&W 3913 TSW, as I was feeling nostalgic for the 3913 I owned in the early/mid-Nineties. I will not shoot it with my arthritic right hand, but my left hand can still shoot it. The thin-profile grip is not, however, a best fit, so I will never shoot this S&W as well as a P220-series SIG, or a 1911, or my favored revolvers. So, this 3913 gets an honorable mention, but not a nomination for 鈥淏est.鈥 It is, however, the best I have, at this point in time, and may well remain my only DA/SA auto carry gun, but more of a niche/secondary weapon.

Super Moderator
At this juncture it must be pointed out that someone that we don't know obviously doesn't know generally accepted parlance and needs to move along rather than harassing Forum members here with stupidity.

I'd love to make the argument that the proper definition of a 1911 is, and only can be a Colt Model of 1911 as provided to U. S. armed services in the early decades of the 20th century and that any and all other subsequent commercial derivations are clones, imitations, or outright frauds.

But, that would be like trying to argue that Kleenex shouldn't describe all other kinds of facial tissues and I'd come off appearing even "stupider" than I am.

Back to the topic at hand. I like the CZ 75, the various full size models. This Forum convinced me to try one and it's great. I like it because it's heavy, all steel, has a sort of Browning High Power vibe about it, and because the double-action trigger pull is livable (barely) but offers a convenient emergency close range opening shot which may be followed by all the goodness that the single-action trigger provides. Beats the thunder out of any double-action-only automatic pistol and could easily be mastered with familiarization, but this is only a very opinionated viewpoint of one who likes having choices in triggers and thinks any DAO trigger is a particular flavor of "yuck."

81 - 100 of 103 Posts