Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a Glock for concealed carry.
I want a 9mm easy to conceal but my problem is I have a big hand .
I have a sig p239 that I have been carrying for the past year but I want a single action and a bigger magazine.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Ray

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
A G19 would fill the bill... only Glock doesnt make a single action.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just bought a G19. My first Glock. IMHO, even the Baby Glocks (G26 & G27) are kind of "fat" for pocket or IWB carry. The G19 (to me anyway) is a good compromise in size. As cooler weather approaches, I'm looking at OWB carry options. For 9MM I still prefer to carry my Kel-Tec P11. It can be very comfortably carried IWB and in a pinch, with the right pants/pocket, can be pocket carried.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i'v had my G19 for a few months now and could not be happier, if you have bigger hands i would definitely go with the 19 over the 26.

-spoz

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Yup, Glock 19! :yup:

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I'll go with what everyone else said... Glock 19!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
The Glock 19 in a fine weapon. It is my primary carry because for me it is the perfect combonation of size, capactiy, reliability, shootability and stopping power. Im my oppinion the only negative of glocks as primary CCW's is the thickness. But this will generally be the case with any double stack weapon. To carry a glock comfortably you will need a quality holster and a quality gun belt. But those are two things you should have for ANY gun.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
My suggestion is the Glock 19 :yup:

Very nice pistol, 4 inch barrel, 15 round mag's
I have a Gen3 G19 that i carried for a very short time a couple years ago, then turned it into a training/range gun & added a lightened trigger, better sights, extended slide release, grip tape kit, etc..
I dont think i'll ever get rid of that pistol. I cant tell you how many rounds we've fired through it but i can tell you that its never had a single malfunction :yup:

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
Ray, I don't think you'll be happier with anything else. G-19 is great choice!

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Yep. Pretty simple. G19.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Buy a G19 in OD, they shoot better.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
If a fat grip is what you're looking for then in addition to the G19, check out the guns with the adjustable grips. M&P, XD's.

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
If a fat grip is what you're looking for then in addition to the G19, check out the guns with the adjustable grips. M&P, XD's.
Yep, to this...then buy the Glock!:blink::image035:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
I want to get a Glock for concealed carry.
I want a 9mm easy to conceal but my problem is I have a big hand .
I have a sig p239 that I have been carrying for the past year but I want a single action and a bigger magazine.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Ray
If it was me, I'd go for the G26 for ease of CC, same thickness, but shorter height. Either way, you're on the right track with the Glock platform. :hand10:

·
Registered
316 Posts
I would say go with the 26 for easier CC. Unless you want more than 11 total rounds then go with the 19 (16 total). The M&P and XDM are pretty nice also.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Glock 19 is the premier 9mm Polymer compact combat pistol available out there. The top metal gun in my opinion as far as comapct 9mm goes is the Sig P228. Something I think Sixto would also agree on. LOL

1 - 20 of 44 Posts