Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what are your favorite gun movies? and why?

Equilibrium is one of my faves, just because I think it's cool, not for any realistic gun action. The face to face pistol duel at the end is particularly nice.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Haha - one of the old fave questions :wink:

Only one for me - comes out tops every time - ''HEAT'' - superb action and very fair authenticity from firearms POV.

·
Premium Member
6,260 Posts
I agree with Chris on Heat plus Blackhawk Down and the shooting from retention scene from Collateral.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
So many to choose from....Probably "Band of Brothers" for the WWII weapons action (yeah, I know...it's not really a "movie" :yup: ).

But I really like watching Jack Bauer work his magic with an HK on "24"....he NEVER misses! :comeandgetsome:

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Heat, Preditor, Blackhawk Down, with a little Saving Private Ryan thrown in for effect..Personally, Heat had MANY realistic special effects in the movie........LOL........I just kinda love that Rock-n-Roll stuff

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Good list so far, I'm a big fan of Heat, Collateral, and 24. There are a bunch that I like, here's a few off the top of my head

-Open Range: great gunfight at the end which kicks off with the best preemptive shot in any movie.
-Tombstone: good fights all the way through
-Raiders of the Lost ark: not really a "gun movie" but the scene where Indy shoots the dude with the sword is a classic.
-Ronin: good action throughout the movie
-Way of the Gun: (same as above)

·
Registered
988 Posts
All time fav has to be HEAT....

Crank that Bad Larry up on the surround sound and just listen to that 15 minute firefight is just a rush!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, new rule. If Heat or Collateral are your fav then what's your third or fourth?

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts
The Wild Bunch.

Good action with a variety of guns in Joe Kidd,also.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
"The Professionals" 1969. Lee Marvin and Burt Lancaster.

I have it on DVD and VHS and watch it waaay to often.:comeandgetsome: :tumbleweed:

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Ohhh I just remembered the movie "Commando" with Arnold.........lotsa good stuff there......

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
Most any movie , as long as the gun scenes are not too outragoeusly rediculious.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Quigley Down Under
"I said I never had much use for one.
Never said I didn't know how to use one."

·
Registered
453 Posts
Heat and Colateral are my top pics. I have both on DVD. Great movies. After that would be (in no particulare order)

Outlaw Josey Wales
Quigly Down Under
Ronin
Underworld (Ahhh, Vampires, Warewolves, Warevampires, and Kate Beckinsale with guns :D)
Mr. & Mrs. Smith (Angelina Jolie.....with guns......need I say more?)
The Big Hit(cheesy as can be but still pretty cool)
The Heist (If you have a CZ you need this movie)

clipse

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
I'm constantly telling my students: Hollywood Isn't REAL!

CLASS3NH said:
Heat, Predator, Blackhawk Down, with a little Saving Private Ryan thrown in for effect..Personally, Heat had MANY realistic special effects in the movie........LOL........I just kinda love that Rock-n-Roll stuff
I'll agree to all of those and throw in RED DAWN and The original Matrix for the bullet effects (not any realism in the weapons, though). I also loved Collateral especially the retention scene and the nightclub scene with the crowded dance floor.

·
Registered
92 Posts
'Ronin' would be my 3rd favorite

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Ronin

Rgr5280 said:
'Ronin' would be my 3rd favorite
Yup, Ronin was excellent....except for the fancy handgun action at the ancient arena tourist trap. Do you remember that scene?

I did love this line:
Q: You ever killed anybody?
A: I hurt somebody's feelings once....

1 - 20 of 113 Posts