Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here shoot IDPA CCP division? I'm thinking about getting into IDPA and competing in CCP. I might shoot my carry gun in BUG, but Id like to have a competitive pistol that won't put me at a disadvantage in CCP.

OTHER THAN GLOCKS, what are other shooter using and do you have any suggestions on other pistols that might fit the bill? I'd like something that has aftermarket support, and that I can find spare parts for.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Taurus G3? :rofl:
(*couldn't help myself TDon)

Reactions: TeflonDon

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Honestly it depends....

I actually won our local clubs last months CCP division using a Walther PPQ downloaded to 8 rds, there were only 12 shooters shooting CCP.

IF I was going to buy a gun specifically for CCP, with the intent of "winning" or placing well, I'd buy a Combat Commander sized 1911 in 9mm with FO front sight, and adjustable rear. That would give you the max size/weight combination to dampen recoil combined with the best trigger.

Chuck

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Personally, I'd get a Tristar (Canik), probly a C-100, but I might get the T-120 if I really wanted the longer barrel. They are cheap, highly regarded, and closely mimic a classic competition pistol while costing far less.

Too bad all the surplus Hi Powers have dried up or they'd be high in the list IMO.

EDIT: Found some Hi Powers!
Woo - hoo !!! (Especially the BHPs but my little C-100 is an awesome little tack driver...)

·
Registered
14,182 Posts
Can't help. I don't shoot CCP, don't have a gun for the class.

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
Glock 19, er, never mind.

Honestly I agree with what I saw Mike1956 posted some time ago. He only competes with what he carries. Makes a TON of sense. Depends on if you want trophies or more skill with your primary carry weapon

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
I shoot CCP all the time with a, gasp, Glock 19. That said, if you absolutely want something different I would got with a version of the Sig P320.

·
Registered
10,638 Posts
I've shot two classes of IDPA with my G26. The RSOs looked at me like I was crazy and kept telling me I could use a larger pistol. But I'm like Mike1956; I like to shoot with what I carry, and at that time, my primary carry pistol was my G26. Today it would be my G19 where applicable.

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Glock 19, er, never mind.

Honestly I agree with what I saw Mike1956 posted some time ago. He only competes with what he carries. Makes a TON of sense. Depends on if you want trophies or more skill with your primary carry weapon
Figured I could do both. I can get practice with my EDC (Shield) and compete in Bug, and I also compete in CCP with another firearm larger firearm that I'd never carry.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
The Sig 320 series is hard to beat. That being said I shoot the FNS 9c and love it. Shoots point of aim and very flat with a decent trigger. Trigger pull is a little heavy, but has a very clean break for a stock pistol.

·
Banned
3,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Have you looked at the SIG P320 compact? Gramps has the full size one and really likes it.
Sig P320c
I shoot CCP all the time with a, gasp, Glock 19. That said, if you absolutely want something different I would got with a version of the Sig P320.
The Sig 320 series is hard to beat. That being said I shoot the FNS 9c and love it. Shoots point of aim and very flat with a decent trigger. Trigger pull is a little heavy, but has a very clean break for a stock pistol.
Been researching all night. Think I might head to my FFL tomorrow to take a look at the P320.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts