Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for suggestions for managable IWB holsters for Glock 30 and Kimber Ultra Carry 2. I'm constantly active with work and it being so hot in the summers, mostly wear t-shirts or polos. I'm in and out of vehicles so sitting comfortably is a concern.

My other concern is access. My current set up when I carry the Kimber restricts my access when buckled in and if I move it to the belly, can't sit without getting stabbed in the groin. Using a Galco leather IWB typically on the right hip

Thanks!

·
Registered
440 Posts
I have a G30 and an UC2. I've just started IWB carry, and so far, my favorite has been Black Arch (formerly SHTF) holsters. I have to admit that so far, I only have the Black Arch for my XDs and my G19, not the G30 nor the UC2. However, the profile of the G30 is very, very close to that of the G19...just a wee bit thicker. The Black Arch is by far my favorite so far, and my wife says she doesn't notice it unless I tell her, so long as one or two conditions are met: 1) if it is a t-shirt or polo, the shirt should have a print or pattern and is darker colored, and a little bit wrinkled is always better for concealment, or 2) the shirt is a button up shirt, usually some kind of print, colorful Hawaiian print preferred, or a darker print pattern on a non-Hawaiian style shirt. If the shirt is light colored with no print pattern on it, she can spot it just about every time.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Opinions vary, but I really like my N82 Pro for my Glock 17. Have no problem carrying it in shorts and a TShirt. Really shines in the summer.

·
Registered
415 Posts
JM Customs AIWB.

I'm a bigger guy (6'3" pushing 300#). I use it for my commander 1911.
Works well in and out of vehicles and even when working on the vehicles.
Access is excellent as is concealment.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I use a single clip leather holster for normal wear, but if I know I'm going to be especially active I use a Crossbreed Supertuck. Not quite as compact and comfy as my usual Stoner 415, but VERY stable in all kinds of activity, and excellent retention.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Big fan of my Vedder Rapidtuck. Single clip hybrid Leather/Kydex with adjustable cant/ride height. I can conceal my 4" XD-S no problem with shorts and a t-shirt. Lowest ride height setting and almost max cant. Worn around 4 o'clock.

They start at $54.99.

·
Registered
808 Posts
For my Glock 29(or my Glock 30, or your 19, 20, 21, 22, etc, etc) I use my Adanced Holster GL-1 with a Ulticlip(use this code for a discount: gimme10). I recommend this holster a lot. I like it, it works, its minimal, and with the Ulticlip makes on/off very easy.

(not my pictures, snagged them from Advanced Holster)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I like Pjholster.com and ttgunleather.com. They are both great rigs and I like the single clip design PJ has.
I also use and like very much PJholster.com. I've got five of their IWB rigs for my pistols, and one pocket rig for my J-frame. I can't push his holsters any more than I do, he makes some really nice rigs!!!! FOr leather I'm very partial to ElPaso Saddelry, they are worth the money!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts