Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
nice !... right next to the name PIRANHA, there should be a small laser etching that says 10MM.... :)

·
Administrator
143,579 Posts
Stop It

Stop drilling holes in my SIG Slide!:rant:
Actually, I'd like the "look" but, just at the rear of the slide.
But, if somebody wanted to give me that pistol...I sure wouldn't say:
"No...I Don't Want It.":biggrin2:

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
It just doesn't have that 'finished' look. Kinda looks haphazard to me.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Only a german engineer could take the elegant lines of a 1911 slide and make it look like an overengineered hammer.

·
Registered
770 Posts
The first one...looks like the drill marks are an afterthought. If they finished it then it may be cool......try some Cold Blue! The SAO 220 is just sex to me.............AARRGGHH! Like a poormans XFive!
Yum.....................:D
Shoot well.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Honestly, the concept of the SAO P220 sort of confuses me: who asked for it? The only SIG I've ever really wanted (and the one I finally have) was a classic P220 decocker because it's the best example of its kind. I can't imagine anyone wanting a single action SIG unless it was one of their 1911s.

I bet it's a good gun, heck it's a SIG 220!, but I don't understand who they're trying to sell to here. Maybe SIG lovers who already have everything else?

·
Super Moderator
25,534 Posts
You guys should know by now I LOVE my SIGs, but that just isn't right!

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Euclidean said:
Honestly, the concept of the SAO P220 sort of confuses me: who asked for it? The only SIG I've ever really wanted (and the one I finally have) was a classic P220 decocker because it's the best example of its kind. I can't imagine anyone wanting a single action SIG unless it was one of their 1911s.

I bet it's a good gun, heck it's a SIG 220!, but I don't understand who they're trying to sell to here. Maybe SIG lovers who already have everything else?

Remember as a lefty I'm not confident with the Standard sig control package..

But now that i could use

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Well that's assuming the controls are ambidextrous. I can see that niche there Bud and don't get me wrong, I'm all about accessibility and accomadating people's physical needs, but consider your demographic.

How many left handed people are there that just really want to shoot a P220? Honestly?

I'm not tottally trashing it, I bet it's a lot of fun to shoot, but I don't understand why MOST people would want one. I can cock the hammer on the standard P220 easily enough and then immediately decock it (but I understand that's only because I am right handed). I always thought that was the whole idea behind the SIG decocker design.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
You guys are so traditional! :dead:

I actually like both of those and didn't see the 220 when checking out the GSR.

I bet that the GSR is awesome looking in your hand. Is it over kill? not for me, but it might be for you, but you can have it done the way you want, it's called customization.

I can also see a market for the 220 as I am a 1911 guy and would transition into the SA 220 well and not have to train the motor skills again because I am so use to the 1911. I think it is a smart move for SIG if they were to market the SA 220.

I would buy that SA 220 in a minute! the GSR although I think it looks good and I love custom stuff like that but I probably wouldn't and just stay with the real 1911 platform.

Ti.

Edited: Cause my post made no sense at all. I think I got it now!

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Mark me up traditional too! :wink:

·
Administrator
143,579 Posts
The SIG SAO

Damn...that would be a VERY TOUGH initial transition for me.:yup:
I like it though. It is sleek & slick looking.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
The drill marks are really ugly. Can't imagine anyone liking that. Especially on the top of the slide.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts