Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And, will one product work well for both Stainless and regular blued weapons? All input appreciated.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
It seems like there are a few really good products out there and there are many opinions about which is BEST...

I use Eezox and have for a while. I use it on my handguns, tools and anything else that I want to protect from rust.. It works for me in the North East climate.

bosco

·
Registered
398 Posts
I agree with Bosco on EEZOX. I used it for years when I lived in NY and it worked very well. I'm in Florida now and it works just as well in this climate. I think Break Free is also excellent. This is just my opinion, I think the Break Free is better to scrub and clean with but the Eezox protects better. The link CZ posted gives some good insight into how some of these products work.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just got some Otis "Special Forces Dry Lube" and I love it. I had used Rem Oil and CLP before and this is nice. It goes on wet and then dries to a slick finish that won't attract or hold dust, lint, or dirt.

·
Banned
480 Posts
I use ProtectAll on all my guns and rifles (blued & stainless) for exterior protection. Works great on both wood and synthetic stock also.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hey bosco, cool link, thanks.
I don't have what you would call a rust problem where I live, so I just use any light weight oil. Typically CLP. I tend to think the difference between best and the others is only going to matter to those mid westerners who can watch the rust form after they touch their steel.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Hey bosco, cool link, thanks.
I don't have what you would call a rust problem where I live, so I just use any light weight oil. Typically CLP. I tend to think the difference between best and the others is only going to matter to those mid westerners who can watch the rust form after they touch their steel.
The link was from cz75luver, but thanks anyway.

It is a great product, even some of my, not that often used, garden and carpenter's tools that used to lay around in my garage are rust free.:yup:

bosco

·
Registered
2,416 Posts

·
Administrator
143,962 Posts
SHAMELESS PLUG:

I should add that one of our Sponsors sells Gunzilla.
And forum members that have bought it and tried it have all said fantastic things about it.

Do a forum search for Gunzilla and read up on it.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Gunzilla...:yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup:

·
Registered
535 Posts
I use Hoppes #9 or Remington's Bore Brite to clean the barrel, Rem Oil out of a spray can to get out the gunk from the rest of the weapon and a final application of Weapon's Shield on everything for lubrication and rust prevention. The best products for rust prevention are Weapons Shield or Gunzilla. Neither is cheap but rust is too expensive to cut corners.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hoppes #9 solvent for cleaning, and their oil for slide rails. Spray RemOil for most other parts. ICS 100% silicone oil on a rag for the exterior. The ICS oil was made for airsoft guns, and doesn't contain any harsh solvents or propellants that can harm rubber/plastic.

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
I haven't tried EEZOX, or Weapon Shield, but Gunzilla has done a terrific job for me.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
FP10 or Weapon Shield....I use them both.

·
Registered
304 Posts
SHAMELESS PLUG:

I should add that one of our Sponsors sells Gunzilla.
And forum members that have bought it and tried it have all said fantastic things about it.

Do a forum search for Gunzilla and read up on it.
I have had gunzilla recommended to me a few time in the past. I suppose I will actually go pick up a bottle. Thanks for the heads up QK.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Another Gunzilla fan. Seeing it strip crudded up carbon off an AR15 bolt made me a believer....

I will also add, though--for a straight lubricant I like TW25b.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts