Defensive Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried a few different set ups and haven't found anything that works for me. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
50,611 Posts
I go to the gym and use a treadmill. I keep the Glock locked in the car, but carry my KelTec .380 in this... FIST, INC. ...not over the spine, but against the kidney with a 'palm out' draw (IWB/SOB). Being against the back, the gun does not flop around. I'm wearing gym shorts with the string tightened slightly...no problems.

If that doesn't work, I'd suggest a belly band.:bier:

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
Are you talking OC as in Open Carry of a firearm, or OC as in chemical spray?

Your question is a bit ambiguous.

Matt

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I typically carry my Ruger LCP while running. I've tried a thigh band, a shoulder holster, and IWB with my sweat pants tied a little tighter.

The thigh band either slips or is too tight to be comfortable.
The shoulder holster rubbed the inside of my arm nearly raw (it works fine for everyday carry... just not for running)
Finally, the IWB bounces around too much and I can only tighten my sweat pants so much before it becomes uncomfortable.

I'll sacrifice safety for comfort to some extent... I'm just hoping to not have to.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have read from some other forums that people are using the Smartcarry. or Thurnderware or you might try a t-shirt with a holster built into it and than wear a sweater over it. Just some suggestions to look into. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd do the SmartCarry if I could CC but unfortunately can only OC at this time.

This chest holster set up looks like it might work...? I'll have to find a store that carries it so I can give it a test run.. literally... I'm going to jog around the sales floor with it.

·
Registered
11,497 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another chest mounted option

I really LOVE the look of this holster. I am going to get one for when I am riding my bicycle. I ride 50 to 70 miles a day on the weekends in the summer and this would be perfect.

Thanks for the link!

There is another chest option available through Red Beard Holsters. This was made for Cody of the YouTube channel Wranglerstar. Cody is very active on his homestead and he speaks highly of this holster. You can purchase the holster at Welcome to Red Beard Holster's » Our Products. It appears they can make your holster if its not on the list.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I can strongly recommend Pistol Wear Trump Card Concealment holsters. Comfortable, versatile for subcompact handguns. Start carrying in comfort! | Pistol Wear

I don't run/jog anymore due to my knee. But still use this versatile holster.

Got mine in the nude color with the shoulder strap. I have worn in IWB different positions, Should holster, chest holster.. very comforable and adjustable.
Mainly just use it as a shoulder holster as I am working on one gun on position all the time for muscle memory.

While I re-read OP for an OC holster, this can still be used that way also..

·
Registered
9,927 Posts
I am assuim your are under 21 thus you can only OC right now correct?

What do you wear to run ? I would normal say get a remora holster or the like but thus are only CC really esp if you dont wear a belt

Now if you wear any sort of belt I like this holster a lot for OWB one of my fav Amazon.com: Desantis Mini Scabbard Holster fits Ruger LCP 380-Caliber, Right Hand, Black: Sports & Outdoors

if not then look at this http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_sporting-goods?ie=UTF8&field-brandtextbin=UnderTech&node=3375251 or this http://www.amazon.com/5-11-Tactical...061&sr=1-1&keywords=compression+shirt+holster and if you are under 21 just make sure the gun can be seen to be OC ...

Really if no belt and can not CC I would say the carry shirt would be the best to me a shouder rig would be too tight and constrictive to run in... If you can CC then a fanny pack or the like can be good too they make holster fanny packs now

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have a Blackhawk Spec Ops chest holster that would work well for open carry jogging. Just strap it down tight. It's very easy on and easy off.

opplanet-blackhawk-taser-universal-harness-holster-40sh05bk-left-v2.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
It really depends on what you're trying to carry. For a small pistol like the LCP try the Nathan 5K Belt. It holds a LCP, extra mag, ID and some money around the belt very comfortably while jogging for me.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I've got one of these and it works great even for larger pistols.Comfort-Air Bodyband Gun Holster - Chest & Waist | Telor Tactical

It's lightweight, breathable, made from a fabric used for medical devices so it won't irritate the skin. It holds the pistol secure even during rigorous activity i.e. jogging. Can be worn on the outside for open carry as well as under a shirt for concealed. Telor has terrific customer service and are a pleasure to deal with and best of all their products are very modestly priced and American made.

Best of luck stay safe.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts