Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Name your first and second choice for a striker fire, best of breed, 9mm, in a conceal/carry format.

I love the PPQ and the VP9.

Any challenges to my ranking?

Would you replace my 2 choices with something better in quality and ergonomics?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
For that size (15-round 9mm), my choice is Glock 19 and Walther P99, in that order.

Glock 19 is basically the smallest and lightest in its class, which makes it great for carry. The P99 is the PPQ but with DA/SA and decocker.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
For concealed carry with that capacity, I agree with Coconut and would pick the G19 first and P99 second. If we're talking a striker-fired range gun, I'd go with the Steyr M9-A1 as my first choice with the VP9 and PPQ tied for second. The Steyr really tames the recoil and is easy to get back on target for follow up shots. It carries like a brick though, IMO.

·
Registered
713 Posts
First would be a G19 in basic black
Second would be a G19 in FDE

Actually,,, I don't even own a G19.
(((I do have a G17 and G26, but I thought I'd just feed the stereotype a little bit. :smile: )))

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Alternate thread title: "Why Glock 19 is the best ...."

·
Registered
475 Posts
Get whatever works best for you--everything else is mostly subjective. My 3 favorite 9mm strikers--in order of preference are: Sig 320, HK VP9, Walther PPQ (I own all three). No Glock on my list--hence the subjective nature of my list. :smile:

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
The Glock 19/23 and the M&P 9c/40c platforms. Fine guns, easily concealed, and highly reliable.

Reactions: hogdaddy

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
The PPQ has an unsafe trigger. The P99AS is the superior non-safety striker platform out of all makes and models.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Only have shot the VP9, as I was able to rent it. I liked it....no complaints! And I don't DO striker fired anymore.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The PPQ has an unsafe trigger. The P99AS is the superior non-safety striker platform out of all makes and models.
Unsafe trigger ? Never heard of one going off without pulling the trigger. If properly handled there is nothing unsafe about a 5.6lb trigger. It is drop safe and has a Glock style trigger safety.

·
Registered
9,340 Posts
I love Striker fired firearms. I'm vested in Glocks, but that doesn't mean I don't like other firearms! I have demoed VP9, PPQ M2, P320 & FNS9 /9C. In that group I give a slight edge to the Sig P320 and FNS9C. But I love my G17 with funds limited I'd most likely get another Glock over all others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
531 Posts
I go back and forth between the PPQ and P320 compact as to which one I like best, so I guess I like them both equally. So for me they're a tie for first. They each have certain aspects and characteristics that I feel are the best on the market for their niche.

I handled the VPN and a few other HK's at the LGS and absolutely hated the trough in the trigger guard under the trigger. That coupled with the Euro mag release and it's just not my cup of coffee.

Both the Walther and the Sig have been flawless in function since their unboxing, and extremely accurate. I don't regret buying them both one tiny bit. I would do it again in a heartbeat, and would recommend either or both of them to anyone.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
S&W MP 9c My choice,, Great to have choices ; )
H/D

1 - 20 of 56 Posts