Defensive Carry banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am talking nice, well run (safe), and ample space. Looking for a nice place not afraid to drive for a nice experience. I live in Northern virginia... any suggestions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
I am talking nice, well run (safe), and ample space. Looking for a nice place not afraid to drive for a nice experience. I live in Northern virginia... any suggestions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

C2 Shooting Center | Virginia Beach, VA

I've heard of this place - BUT - I have no firsthand knowledge of it, and I've never been there myself.

Perhaps some Virginians can confirm that this is one of the good places, or offer some better ones. :smile:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
C2 Shooting Center | Virginia Beach, VA

I've heard of this place - BUT - I have no firsthand knowledge of it, and I've never been there myself.

Perhaps some Virginians can confirm that this is one of the good places, or offer some better ones. :smile:
I go to Virginia Beach once or twice a year. I will check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: PhaedrusIV

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Some of the Izaac Walton League ranges are quite nice. The Arlington-Fairfax chapter is in Centreville but you have to be a member or a guest of a member to use it. I was a member there for 20 years (1994 - 2014). It has a 100 yard rifle/handgun/shotgun* range, an archery range, and a skeet and trap range plus a stocked fishing pond with camp grounds. Nice facility.

The down side to outdoor ranges is that your targets are set at fixed distances and generally draw/fire practice is not allowed. And more often than not, the closest you're going to be allowed to set your target is 25 yards.

Reactions: BadgerJ

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
Probably the best longest range in VA is Quantico Shooting club. There is also Peacemaker in West Virginia which is about 15 minutes from the virginia line. They have ranges that go out to a 1000.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Oh that's easy...WEST Virginia! :biggrin2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts