Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's agreeably the best outside the pants holster for a fullsize I see lots giving different opinions but what's suggested the most!

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
Suggested by me?
Mmmmmm....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

OK, Fist #12 OWB FIST, INC.

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
I like my Ahern pancake three slot holster for OWB carry G17 (used to be G22 also)...comfortable, conformable, smooth, yet simple. I've used this holster in competition before. The DeSantis Scabbard is another nice one for me, but not in the Glocks yet. I carry my P220 in one. Generally, I don't put as much of my assets in the OWB holsters since I can't carry openly here in my state (yet). Interestingly enough, I don't carry the large frame Glocks in anything but an OWB holster. My IWB limits are the compacts for good reason. You might realize that I've never paid more than $85 for any of my holsters, and my best one OWB would be a Mitch Rosen Upper Limit for my G27. In the way of OWB holsters exclusively, I do like the Fobus paddles. Kydex....wave of the future and here now. It's what I use on the range and for matches. Lightweight and ultimately quick draws from these holsters. If you want to keep up with the Jones', and spend your ammo money on holsters, then don't listen to me. I'm just telling you what works for me, and you won't have to break the bank or fill your dresser drawer with seldom used holsters. I go for functional in holsters just like I do pistols for carry. I employ the KISS principle for both and it's never failed me yet. Good luck and best wishes.

·
Super Moderator
23,791 Posts
Favorites

I am extremely partial to my Brommeland Presentation Grade Def-Cons. I have one for each of the three Glocks I own. They are extremely difficult to obtain, with a long wait time, and expensive as well. Despite that, they are my all-time favorite:

Good luck with your search. You'll get a lot of different ideas here, virtually all of them valid. :35:

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
What's agreeably the best outside the pants holster.....
Agreeably? Not gonna happen.

The best for concealment? Comfort? The most concealable I've tried is UBG's Bonneville. The most comfortable I've tried is Alessi's CQC/s. I'm also a big fan of Comp-Tac for kydex.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
When I had a Glock 22, I carried it in a Galco Avenger. It held it snug and close to the kidney area. One of the best OWB holsters I own.

·
Registered
607 Posts
The best.....it's a purekustom Black Ops. A convertible so it can be worn IWB also. :yup:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've used most of 'em, in my years of seeking perfection....for ME.

My favorite IWB = Milt Sparks VM2 (Comptac MTAC a close second).

My favorite OWB = FIST #12 or #9 Close-cropped (UBG Bonneville a close second, and will be trying out a pair of Sparks I-BAKS soon).

·
Registered
218 Posts
I am extremely partial to my Brommeland Presentation Grade Def-Cons. I have one for each of the three Glocks I own. They are extremely difficult to obtain, with a long wait time, and expensive as well. Despite that, they are my all-time favorite:

Good luck with your search. You'll get a lot of different ideas here, virtually all of them valid. :35:
The wait times are not nearly what they use to be. And I would agree - they are fantastic holsters.

·
Registered
806 Posts
If price is an issue, I have a Galco "Speed Scabbard" that works beautifully. Holds my G21sf close to the body.

But I'd like to get a fancy Private Shop Holster, so...

·
Registered
271 Posts
I like my Blackhawk Serpa for my G23. Reasonably priced and the gun fits really nicely inside. The detent is nice too b/c it gives you a little piece of mind that the gun will stay in place until needed. That and it comes with a belt and paddle adapter, so you can change as needed. It's also adjustable for cant.
I got the faux carbon fiber finish and matching mag holder.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I am really fond of the Milt Sparks I-Bak,it is completely molded to the outside,which solves the age old problem associated with pancake holsters,of the holster collapsing when the pistol is drawn.

This allows the holster to be extremely thin without the need for a reinforced mouth,and very comfortable due to the flat back.

The I-Bak and a full size Glock,are a match made in heaven.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Laredo Defender from K&D. I have one for my Glock 22 and my Glock 27. Kevin makes a fine quality holster.
Copy-of-Copy-of-GLOCK--Lare.jpg
Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Comp-Tac Minotaur

Awaiting my CHL, I was getting very frustrated as to finding a concealed carry method that was comfortable and that actually concealed my weapon. Then I purchased a gently used Glock 27 that came with a Com-Tac Minotaur holster. It is the open model that accomodates my Glock 22 as well. Finally, a comfortable holster that I was really able to conceal (your shirtail can tuck in between the gun/holster and the belt clips). The regular clips work well, but then you can see them hanging on the belt. Mine has velcro on the outside of wider clips. I've purchased a couple of BlackHawk CQC Pistol Belts and plan to take them to the local shoe repair to have velcro sewn inside the belt. This will allow me to hang the clips over my pants with them fastened to the belt by velcro. Now my frustrations have abated.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts