Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me of a good internet site to buy a XD40SC?
Im looking for a GOOD price and fast shipping and just a good all around deal and to deal with.:yup:
Thnx!

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I usually try and do my homework online then see how close the local dealers can come. After you figure in shipping, and FFL fees it's close.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Try Buds Gun Shop. They seem to have decent prices. I have never purchased from them, however.
Bud's is good. I am lucky enough to live within an easy drive of a very large shop with good prices so I couldn't justify shipping and FFL fees. Actually I am only two hours away from Buds so it would save me money by driving there.

·
Registered
229 Posts
My first purchase (XD9sc) was from Bud's. It looked WAY cheaper than my local shop... but by the time you add on all the fees, shipping & FFL costs... it came out to about $30 cheaper. It was more of a convenience thing for me. While I had the cash... I wanted to finance and financing through Bud's allowed me to get 12 months no interest. Word of caution though... when doing 12 months no interest they charge you a *mandatory* 5% lifetime warranty (even though the springfields already have a lifetime warranty). And the kicker... they charge the 5% on the TOTAL of your order on stuff that is not even warranty-able... (like the extra magazine and gunvault safe I ordered).

All and all it still saved me about $30 over buying local and the whole process went pretty smoothly so I would probably buy from Bud's again. I'll make sure next time though that any non warranty-abble items are purchased in a separate transaction from the firearm.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I normally do all of the leg-work on line; find the best price; where they'll ship to, and total the cost up to and including the local dealer fees. I normally insure it will ship to a "local" but not my local dealer. Then take all of the info to "my local dealer" and he matches. I have been offered 10% before doing my homework and received up to 28% after he verifies the price. Well worth the efforts.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I much prefer to deal with my neighborhood toy store. I would hate to end up without local suppliers. They tend to provide service, information and expertertise.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Support your local shops if possible.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bud's

Bud's gun shop is awesome. I haven't seen a single gun at my local shop that is priced lower than that same model costs at buds. Plus, you don't need an FFL number on hand since they store previously used license numbers and you can select the store to deliver your gun to based on your location. Very fast shipping as well. They are my primary source for buying guns.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Support your local FFL or store. $30 won't seem like much when other help is needed. We've just got to spend our way to prosperity.

·
Registered
929 Posts
If you're into auctions as I am, look at GUNBROKER.COM & AUCTIONARMS.COM. It takes research, patience & timing, but I've gotten "GREAT" deals on ammo & pistols. My last auction purchase of a brand new Ruger pistol saved $130 off local Bass Pro retail. $25.00 s/h & $10.00 FFL fee is a push with the retail sales tax. It's a 10 day payment & shipping process, like I said, it takes patience.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts