Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have a supertuck for my glock 19 and my Kimber. I use a microclip at work with my lcp. My question is, when I carry my Kimber or glock Id like to also have my lcp with me. Does anyone have any info on a good pocket holster? I now us a "sticky" pocket holster but it doesn't have any retention besides gravity. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,327 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I love my Desantis Nemisis and the price didn't hurt either... :smile: At $17 from Midway you can't go too wrong...

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Hes wanting something with retention.

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
If going with something which has some form of retention or grip to the gun, be sure and get a holster which has a thumb tab extending from it so your thumb can be used to push against the gun as you grip it, and release it from the holster.

I'm pretty sure the Fist kydex pocket holster has this feature.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I'd encourage you to look at a company called Hidden Holsters:
Hidden Holsters - Expertly Crafted Pocket Holsters

Here's the interesting thing. This guy was taught how to make these holsters from a man named RJ Hedley. Some of you will recognize the man. He used to make this same design. I have one and it was better than anything else.

The DeSantis holsters work well and are cheap and even the uncle mike's holsters protect the gun well from sweat, etc., however, the retention of the leather style along with how easy it is to get a full grip in the pocket make them far better in my opinion....back to the hidden holsters.

A lot of leather pocket holsters start out good but then they stitch them around the outline of the gun and inadvertently pull in the wing or tap that fits into the bottom of the pocket to make the holster and gun stand up in the pocket. The problem is this allows the outline of the gun to print throught the pocket. In jeans no big deal, in dress pants and even dockers it can be.

The Hidden Holster design leaves the holster flatter across the face and they print less. The price it good too.

Another outstanding choice is a leather model from RKBA holsters. Again an oustanding value.

I've tried dozens it seems but I would pick in this order:
1. Hidden Holster
2. RKBA
3. Desantis or uncle mikes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts