MOra Bushcraft fixed blade $78.00

If I had to go cheap:

Adler Rheinland Hatchet $79

Glock field knife $30

basic Mora $19

Wildcard:

CRKT T-Hawk $69

CRKT Mah-chete $80

side note- Regardless of what I might select as part of a basic survival system, I am ALWAYS going to have a decent folding knife in my pocket. Today (right now) its a classic Camillus. Basically the Camillus version of the Buck 110

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Call me old fashioned.

Or maybe it's just the lingering jarhead in me.

But I still like the Kabar USMC knife.

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
I had no idea blade serrations were old fashioned.
Reminds me of another "survival" knife :yup:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I posted a Becker BK2 earlier in the thread which I still believe in but upon consideration I really don't think there is one single knife for all purposes. For lighter work around camp you can't beat a mora.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
I had 2 Randall's back in the 50s to 60s era, IMO they will never be matched but were stolen also had a short Ka Bar but thats the past. I now carry at least 2 knives, replacing the Ka Bar was done by getting a TOPS Short Nighthawk, it has excellent balance and is a number 2 that attaches to my go bag. My number one fixed blade mainly for up close and wet work is my TOPS C.A.T. that clips to my belt then then my folders which the 2 favorites are OKC XD-M and the other is TOPS CSAR-T which is a real work horse and don't forget that little hatchet that TOPS sells, it never ceases to amaze me.

·
Registered
421 Posts
It’s hard to beat the Cold Steel
SRK. I just picked up 4 from Midway for $34 each. I’m sure there are better knives out there, but not for that price.

·
Administrator
143,574 Posts
Hummm.....These days I would take a good hard look at the TOPS Tahoma.
I remain super impressed with the ergonomics, balance, & it's a tough workhorse.
I like this knife!
The sheath (not so much) but it's serviceable. I am just super finicky regarding sheaths.
Great knife and a ton of knife for the very fair cost.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thirty six inches of hickory dowel rod used as a cane works great indoors or out.
$3.29 Home Depot.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts