Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking to get myself some quality night sights. Every review I watch on YouTube and read on forums mentions how much better Trijicons are when compared to TRUGLO and AmeriGlo.

What are your thoughts?

I saw one YouTuber go into intricate detail about why on a technical, mechanical, and accuracy level Trijicons were better than Truglo. You guys need to watch it to believe it.

I digress...

What do you think is the best alternative to Trijicon Night Sights and why?

·
Registered
8,443 Posts
Much of this is subjective. It depends on what works best for you. I like Trijicons, but then I have never owned another type of night sight. When I bought my AR, originally I liked the EOTECH red dot better, at the time it made more sense to me. Now I run an Aimpoint. I don't think you'll really know how you'll like any sights until you have lived with them for awhile, under a variety of conditions. Buy what makes sense to you now. Your opinion may change over time.

Reactions: simonp67

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
I just swapped out my stock sights on the Ruger SR9 with the TRUGLO Tritium Pro and when compared to the Trijicon on the Springfield XDsc and the Sig night sights I am not one bit disappointed. Granted they are not being compared to fiber optic, but more apple to apple. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
Various
15,552 Posts
I have Trijicons on some and TruGlo TFX Pros on some. They both work well in twilight. I prefer the TruGlo TFX Pros during the day.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Unfortunately it depends on what firearm you need sights for. If it's a Glock, I think the Ameriglo Bold sights are better than the standard Trijicon HD's because I find it easier to pick up the front sight with a square rear notch than a u-shaped one. I know the latter is marketed as quicker because it allegedly prevents a person from looking at the bottom corners of the rear sight, but I don't do that with square sights. I just take in the equal height - equal light sight picture faster with a square notch.

I really like Ameriglos, but they don't make the bold sights for anything else (and the rear serrations provide more contrast). I also like their front sight options. I have orange i-Dots for my Shield and an orange CAP sight for my M&P Subcompact pared with a blacked out serrated rear. I can't get a better picture with my crappy phone, but this is what the latter looks like. It's grainy because of the zoom, but it is a very nice sight picture. The squared front sight has more paint than a typical HD dot and, for my eyes anyway, it makes the equal height - equal light picture faster to acquire. I do like the idea of the Trigicon XR sights for pistols with a short sight radius. You can get Ameriglo T-CAPs which are a similar idea (the "T" stands for "thin"), but they may only have them for Glocks.
IMG_2919.JPG

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately it depends on what firearm you need sights for. If it's a Glock, I think the Ameriglo Bold sights are better than the standard Trijicon HD's because I find it easier to pick up the front sight with a square rear notch than a u-shaped one. I know the latter is marketed as quicker because it allegedly prevents a person from looking at the bottom corners of the rear sight, but I don't do that with square sights. I just take in the equal height - equal light sight picture faster with a square notch.

I really like Ameriglos, but they don't make the bold sights for anything else (and the rear serrations provide more contrast). I also like their front sight options. I have orange i-Dots for my Shield and an orange CAP sight for my M&P Subcompact pared with a blacked out serrated rear. I can't get a better picture with my crappy phone, but this is what the latter looks like. It's grainy because of the zoom, but it is a very nice sight picture. The squared front sight has more paint than a typical HD dot and, for my eyes anyway, it makes the equal height - equal light picture faster to acquire. I do like the idea of the Trigicon XR sights for pistols with a short sight radius. You can get Ameriglo T-CAPs which are a similar idea (the "T" stands for "thin"), but they may only have them for Glocks.
View attachment 332526
Yes I've been reading very good things about Ameriglos. It seems Ameriglos may very well be the next best thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts