Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beto O’Rourke: I Expect Americans to Comply With My Mandatory Gun Buyback Plan

https://menrec.com/beto-orourke-i-expect-americans-to-comply-with-my-mandatory-gun-buyback-plan/

"In Texas there was a story about a man coming forward and giving his AR-15 to the police department though he legally purchased it and legally owns it and is responsible about its use and care, he understands there’s no reason to have a weapon that was designed to kill people on a battlefield in his home. So he gave it to the police department."

Just so y'all will know. It wasn't I.

The man was no true Texan ... if the story is true. True Texans still have "starch in their drawers." The story sounds carefully worded for maximum impact within the propaganda narrative that they spew.

Beto really needs to investigate the psychological issues he obviously has with holding unrealistic expectations. It's unhealthy. The internet says so.
https://psychcentral.com/lib/how-to-relinquish-unrealistic-expectations/

Ya' gotta ask yourself: Do you really want to support an ideology and a political party which offers a home to candidates such a these? Ask yourself. Right now!

This has everything to do with our Second Amendment liberties so if you think it is too political then get over it.

Lest we be accused of failing to be "equal opportunity" with regards to political parties, here's an email I sent to Texas' own Republican Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick yesterday as a result of the position he's taken on tightening background checks laws.

"Do not do it. Texans do not want it. Lieutenant Governor Patrick, it's about American liberty. Don't be guilty of caving into craven attempts to damage or destroy our Second Amendment rights. Americans have watched politicians get away with chipping at our rights. For such politicians there can never be enough firearms restrictions. Outright banishment is what they seek. Don't contribute to the chipping away of American liberty, whether it be the Second Amendment or any other Constitutional right, but rather seek to restore what has already been lost through political manipulations faithless to our Constitution."

Sincerely,
Bryan McGilvray

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2019/09/06/texas-lt-gov-dan-patrick-says-he-will-defy-nra-take-lead-on-gun-background-checks/

"On Friday, Patrick said it's "common sense" to tighten background-check laws because in many instances, stranger-to-stranger sales now are exempt from the requirement that buyers be vetted through a federal database of people not eligible to purchase firearms."

It's about freedom. Freedom and the fact that the government should not assume it has an intrusive "need to know" everything about each of its countrymen.

I wasn't paying close enough attention and thought Patrick was pretty reliable. He's apparently a knee-jerk politician and Texans need to keep an eye on him.

We all need to get to work fighting for American freedoms! I'm preaching to myself as well.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Beto may not go any further in his political life but I view him as a weed in the political garden and like weeds everywhere, he will propagate his own kind. The rhetorical poison he spreads is dangerous to those without the life experience or education to see it for what it is. Logically, he should have no followers at all, yet he does! He and his kind need to be uprooted and cast out of the garden.

·
Super Moderator
16,436 Posts
I am certain he believes gang members will be the first to queue up to turn in their AR-15s and AK-47s (I refuse to use media speak and call them assault weapons).

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
Thread title:Beto and His Unrealistic Expectations

"Unrealistic" is Beto's norm in everything he espouses to support. He is so unrealistic that I cannot take the time to dislike him. I try to treat the mentally deficient with kindness.

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Someone the other day said, "Beto's Braino Got Flushed Down the Draino."

I think they were spot on.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
While WE on this forum may discount Beto, WE need to understand that there are a significant number, maybe even a majority of Progressive Democrats jump on that bandwagon.

I follow a liberal FB "news" outlet ("The Hill"), primarily to keep an ear to the ground to see what the Leftist Progressives are thinking and saying. Its gets me going, and there is lot of "tongue biting" on my part, but I'm here to tell you that LOTS of Democratic VOTERS support a ban and forced buybacks. Their ignorance is real, but we surely better not discount them or their numbers.

·
Premium Member
33,908 Posts
While WE on this forum may discount Beto, WE need to understand that there are a significant number, maybe even a majority of Progressive Democrats jump on that bandwagon.

I follow a liberal FB "news" outlet ("The Hill"), primarily to keep an ear to the ground to see what the Leftist Progressives are thinking and saying. Its gets me going, and there is lot of "tongue biting" on my part, but I'm here to tell you that LOTS of Democratic VOTERS support a ban and forced buybacks. Their ignorance is real, but we surely better not discount them or their numbers.
They are the enemy, at least on this one important issue. Whether that has been achieved through their ignorance or willfulness is, to me, a moot issue.

·
Premium Member
33,908 Posts
At some point, one of these current candidates is going to become the nominee. Which one really won't matter much when it comes to gun rights. They are all trying to outdo each other on which one hates the Second Amendment and gun owners the most.

·
Registered
12,770 Posts
At some point, one of these current candidates is going to become the nominee. Which one really won't matter much when it comes to gun rights. They are all trying to outdo each other on which one hates the Second Amendment and gun owners the most.
You mean, which one hates America the most.

·
Registered
34,779 Posts
You don't need to watch these sorts, you need to show them the exit at the next election.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Before anything else happens, the police need to confiscate Beto's skateboard. Those things are dangerous, and unlike an AR15 (or a 1911) he has no unalienable right to own one.

Next, his automobile(s), if he has any, should be confiscated, for the same reason.

After that, he can voluntarily surrender any 3 of his natural rights, just because those have no meaning, as long as we say so.

The leftists are twisting this great nation into an unrecognizable and ugly pretzel. :mad:

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Beto has forgotten an important part of his government spending program; and Mexico will pay for it.

Reactions: wmhawth
1 - 20 of 44 Posts