Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may have heard, Springfield Armory and several other gun companies have betrayed their customers in order to secure an exemption for themselves in a bill that is currently moving through the legislative process in Illinois. The bill, if signed into law, would have instituted a statewide FFL licensing system as well as limiting civilians to only 9 firearm transfers per year. Several gun companies have dropped their opposition to this bill in exchange for the FFL licensing to be removed. The bill then sailed through the house with little resistance. The story can be found in the link below.

Springfield Armory, Rock River Arms Trade Opposition to Illinois FFL Licensing Scheme for Carve-Out - The Truth About Guns

Accordingly, I have drafted a form letter to send to Springfield Armory. I encourage all of you to sign your name and send it to them. Also, feel free to add or change things.

Dear Springfield Armory,
I am deeply disturbed by your revision of your stance toward SB 1657. By bowing down to the ridiculous demands of anti-gun groups, your company has paved the way for SB 1657 to become law and inflict even more arbitrary and unconstitutional restrictions on the second amendment rights of law abiding gun owners in the state of Illinois. Furthermore, the ramifications of this bill and your company’s actions will be felt nationwide as more states attempt to pass anti-gun legislation similar to SB 1657 and attempt to bully more firearms manufacturers into submission, as they did with yours.
While your company will be exempted from statewide FFL licensing, your customers will not be exempt from the restrictions of this law. Unfortunately for your company, it is kept afloat by customers that expect the manufacturer of their firearm to support the second amendment. Not only did your company fail to support the right to bear arms, it contributed to further eroding that right. This blatant betrayal of customers begs the question, why should I support Springfield Armory if they will not support their customers or the right to keep and bear arms? I am unable to answer that question. Accordingly, I am boycotting Springfield Armory and will be encouraging my friends and family to do the same. While I have a great admiration for your products, I cannot support a company who doesn’t care about the right to own those products.
Sincerely,
Your name here

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.