Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received this email today from Gun Owners of America.

Here's a link to GOA's pre-written letter which will send a letter to your Senators:

And, yes I know some of you believe that pre-fabricated letters are worthless. If you can, write your own letter. I will be writing one as soon as I post this.

·
Registered
20,634 Posts
Dumb question--if our gun rights are "God-given", why do we have to even bother with the middle-men?
Come on man! You know you shouldn’t question stuff like that! Where’s your faith man?

·
Registered
10,072 Posts
I can’t stand cornyn. Was really hoping to get rid of him this last election.

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
I'd like the see the bill before I sign something.

Frankly, I'm sick of organizations asking me to sign something based on legislation they don't bother to provide.

If they are too lazy to provide a copy of the bill, I sure as heck am not going to lift a finger to help them.

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
What? I must give them my contact info before I can even read the letter they want me to sign?

screw dat.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Dumb question--if our gun rights are "God-given", why do we have to even bother with the middle-men?
I know your comment is just rhetorical, but...
Since God can't come down and rule on the issue, it's left to us mortals. The problem is there are some who don't recognize God, even rail against the very mention of a higher power than them, so his gifts aren't real to them.
Put another way, The Devil makes them do it!

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
Is it this bill?

It's not universal background, and its co-sponsored by ChristopherCoons, not Murphy.

I looked at Cornyn's bills, couldn't find a pending UBC bill.

Murphy has a bill for background check expansion - Text - S.529 - 117th Congress (2021-2022): Background Check Expansion Act

But Cornyn is not a co-sponsor.

Kind of hard to give a rip when the communication seems, at best, "inaccurate."

Reactions: JoeyD

·
Registered
43,057 Posts
I am all in on out with the old, in with the new at the next election.

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is it this bill?

It's not universal background, and its co-sponsored by ChristopherCoons, not Murphy.

I looked at Cornyn's bills, couldn't find a pending UBC bill.

Murphy has a bill for background check expansion - Text - S.529 - 117th Congress (2021-2022): Background Check Expansion Act

But Cornyn is not a co-sponsor.

Kind of hard to give a rip when the communication seems, at best, "inaccurate."
I don't know if the information is "inaccurate" or not. I think GOA is pretty good, so I will give them them the benefit of the doubt. I would say their information is "incomplete." Reading their letter carefully, it appears to me they got inside information on something that is in the talking stage.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
And he came up with the 50 state permit reciprocity legislation as I recall.
Yeah, haven't heard much about that one lately. That's one of the things that should have been done 4 years ago when the Republicans held the House, the Senate and the White House. But no.
I am all in on out with the old, in with the new at the next election.
I walked away from the Democrats when I was in my twenties and never looked back. I'm doing the same with the Republicans in my fifties.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I read through the letter that it proposed to send. It not showing how it addresses the Senators. Despite the fact that it's a good idea to send an email, I feel like that one might wind up being caught by the spam filter, and not make it through. Not to mention, I'm not to fond of starting out an email with the words "I URGE you"... I'll write my Senators on my own. Thanks for sharing, however.

·
Premium Member
9,156 Posts
Cornyn is a weasel. He talks all big conservative but his primary agenda is to protect his own sorry ass.
I pray we can find a true conservative to primary him out next time.
I have told him to his face a few years back what I thought about him.
We deserve better in the Lone Star State.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
There have been rumors that he’s working on universal background checks with democratic senators. I haven’t seen a proposed bill.

Nonetheless, he’s one of the old guard republicans. I’d put him in the group just slightly less RINO than Romney, Murkowski, Collins. I have no respect for Cronyn, and hope he’s pulled into a primary in the next cycle.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts