Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who still have some carry issues and are contemplating the use of a "fanny pack" I think I might have stumbled upon a better alternative. The company is BAGMASTER. They offer a vertical carry system. The bags come ready for both clip on and belt slide on wearing configurations. They also come in three sizes. They all have 2 interior compartments as well as an exterior compartment. See the pics below. I have listed some of the carry options my wife and I use EDC.jpg EDC1.jpg EDC2.jpg INSIDE.jpg LARGE.jpg MEDIUM.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
That's nice...but a fanny pack is a fanny pack. And to me that is another fanny pack. But if you like it and it works for you, good!!...still looks like a fanny pack to me....???

I would say an alternative to a fanny for me would be a belly band or IWB...just me! And that bag looks like it holds alot, which would make it really heavy? Sorry don't mean to be knocking your carry stile but it is really not for me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You make a good point. I have been looking for other options to the traditional IWB for sometime and the belly band and those other systems that like to point the barrel at my "junk" isn't for me. I looked at the regular fanny pack and I couldn't find one that didn't make me look like a beached whale ... or one that screams gun bag or one that looks like I am going of a 10 mile hike. At least this you can wear at the 3 o'clock position comfortably.

·
Registered
963 Posts
OP:

Show a picture of how you carry the pack please!

Reactions: Chicagobill

·
Registered
93 Posts
I always carry a fanny pack. Not for a gun either. I don't like over the shoulder purse carry. I used to put my purse down next to me when looking at something while shopping. Never got it taken, but did almost walk off with stuff and not the purse several times. So, I settled on the fanny pack. I could fit my .25 in it, but not anything bigger with any of my stuff in it. But this would be another pocket, so maybe that would work too.

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
That looks very similar to the Wilderness Safepacker.

Reactions: glockcoma

·
Registered
963 Posts
I always carry a fanny pack. Not for a gun either. I don't like over the shoulder purse carry. I used to put my purse down next to me when looking at something while shopping. Never got it taken, but did almost walk off with stuff and not the purse several times. So, I settled on the fanny pack. I could fit my .25 in it, but not anything bigger with any of my stuff in it. But this would be another pocket, so maybe that would work too.
Look at the Uncle Mikes fanny.
It'll fit a glock 17 with lotsa gear too.

My wife saw it and promptly adopted it.... I lost it
:tongue:
Cheap money for a good ccw fanny

·
Registered
933 Posts
Last summer, my family and I spent six weeks in Italy and Sicily. The European men use something very similar to the Bagmaster. The longer I was there the more I kept thinking that the "man purse" would be a good way to carry. Then I realized it America, because of cultural differences, it is not acceptable. Not sure if this cultural difference is good or bad. Just another option to consider, IMO.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That looks very similar to the Wilderness Safepacker.
You are right... It does look I a lot like the bagmaster. I remember seeing that one when I was researching the bag options. I just didn't care for that outside buckle. I think it made it look a little too "tactical". I was hoping for something less noticeable

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I am not sure what all you carry in your fanny pack ... My wife always seems to have a ton of stuff in her purse and the compartments on the Bagmaster are pretty small. I am not sure it would work unless you can take the barest of essentials.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
You could be right ... It isn't like I have been using it a long time ... but no one has said or even seemed to notice it at all
Then you do not have any true friends.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
You could be right ... It isn't like I have been using it a long time ... but no one has said or even seemed to notice it at all
Then you do not have any true friends.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Anything is better than a fanny pack.
I respectfully, yet comPLETELY, disagree. That means, in your opinion, that nothing is WORSE than a fanny pack. Well, being unarmed is (IMHO) MUCH worse than a fanny pack. I've owned & used a KaBar TDI fanny pack for years. Mine has a big NIKON patch sewn on its very small front profile. Carries a full-sized service autoloader, extra mags, flashlight & my cell phone. It's never attracted a second glance. If I wanna' go totally camouflaged, my "Save the Whales" tee shirt and white socks with my sandals, I vanish completely! :biggrin2:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I respectfully, yet comPLETELY, disagree. That means, in your opinion, that nothing is WORSE than a fanny pack. Well, being unarmed is (IMHO) MUCH worse than a fanny pack. I've owned & used a KaBar TDI fanny pack for years. Mine has a big NIKON patch sewn on its very small front profile. Carries a full-sized service autoloader, extra mags, flashlight & my cell phone. It's never attracted a second glance. If I wanna' go totally camouflaged, my "Save the Whales" tee shirt and white socks with my sandals, I vanish completely! :biggrin2:
Interesting idea ... sewing the patch on the front... Gives it double hid-ability!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts