Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped into Conover, NC WM last night after work, about midnight. Stalking some ammo that I had heard was beginning to reappear in the area. I walked back to sporting goods and stared at a relatively well stocked ammo cabinet. :shock: It took me a while to track down the 9mm, but it was there!!!!

An associate walked by and I asked him if he could have a manager come back and unlock the cabinet. His response was, "I don't think we sell ammo this late." :banghead: I explained that all I needed was a manager with a key to the cabinet. He went to check and returned to tell me it would be a few minutes. A manager arrives, and notices I am carrying by the double take. He unlocked the case and got the last 6 boxes of 9mm. Then he walked it to the front to check out. We small talked on the way. Dealt with a cashier and CSM at the front because it was not ringing up. Not one single question and all of them noticed. All told at least 4 employees dealt with and several passed by without a peep.

I called WM CS today to complain about the treatment from Granite Falls and to give Conover an ataboy. We drove out of our way to Conover today to shop there a little bit. Hopefully I'll get a resolutuion soon on the Granite Falls issue and post it as well. Uneventful OC, as it should be. :hand10:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Nice, glad everything went well.

Last time I went to Wal Mart, they wouldn't let me buy "Taken" (R rated) because my girlfriend didn't have her ID on her while she was with me.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
And a good one on ya!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Excellent! Glad to hear it went so well this time. And how'd you get SIX boxes? The one in University City restricts your max purchase to FIVE. :(

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Excellent! Glad to hear it went so well this time. And how'd you get SIX boxes? The one in University City restricts your max purchase to FIVE. :(
They did not have a restriction posted. And it was all the FMJ's they had. I think I could have bought the 2 boxes of JHP 9mm as well. But there were 147 gr, I shoot 115s. If it was FMJ I would not care but the JHP were $15.97 for a 50 rd box. Great price, just decided against it. And I knew the wife might stomach $80, but not breaking $100 on ammo. On the up side, I think we are going shooting again tomorrow!

The restrictions are store policy and ARE NOT corporate policy. I think a guy from OCDO had them remove the restriction when he proved it was not corporate policy. I think he educated them about selling ammo late as well. Might owe him a thumbs up too. :hand10:

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
weel i am glad that someone is gettin ammo from wal mart. here they have none. or the gun shows dealers/sellers gets it all.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
weel i am glad that someone is gettin ammo from wal mart. here they have none. or the gun shows dealers/sellers gets it all.
It's only taken 3+ months and many empty handed trips. Hopefully it's your turn next. :yup: Find out when their shipments come in. Then find out when sporting goods stocks. Start calling about the time they normally stock to see what they are getting. Or just show up a midnight and get lucky. :image035:

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
That is great news chiefjason! Glad to hear it!

·
Registered
106 Posts
My local W-Mart also never has any ammo when I go in regardless of the day or time! I asked the worker bee when the shipments came in so maybe I could get there in time but I get the same reply every time " You just never know when it will show". It's very frustrating to say the least.:aargh4:

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
I got 900 rnds from two WW around my area ;-)
H/D

·
Super Moderator
19,788 Posts
I stopped into Conover, NC WM last night after work, about midnight. Stalking some ammo that I had heard was beginning to reappear in the area. I walked back to sporting goods and stared at a relatively well stocked ammo cabinet. :shock: It took me a while to track down the 9mm, but it was there!!!!

An associate walked by and I asked him if he could have a manager come back and unlock the cabinet. His response was, "I don't think we sell ammo this late." :banghead: I explained that all I needed was a manager with a key to the cabinet. He went to check and returned to tell me it would be a few minutes.
A couple of years ago, there was a nasty incident in Tempe, AZ, in which a dumped boyfriend lay in wait in an apartment complex, and shot and killed the ex-girlfriend's best friend (because she had advised her friend to dump the guy) and another girl she was with. He then killed himself.

After the dust settled came the inevitable lawsuits, and Litigation 101 teaches "sue everyone in sight, and go for the deepest pockets." In this case, the parents of both murdered girls are indeed suing everyone in sight, including Wal-Mart. Why Wal-Mart? Because the killer bought his 9mm ammo at a local Wal-Mart around midnight, a little while before he shot the girls. Wal-Mart's store policy is "no ammunition sales after 9 pm" - at least at the store in question. Because they violated their own internal policy, the plaintiffs are claiming contributory negligence and thus some degree of liability. Not surprisingly, Wal-Mart has the deepest pockets of all the named defendants.

It's premature to guess which way the legal action will go (the case is still in discovery), but my point is that at least some Wal-Marts have policies that dictate a cutoff time for ammo sales. You can bet your S.A. that there's a Wal-Mart in Tempe, AZ that follows that policy strictly!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts