Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
9,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first line of two identical bills, HR5717 and S3254, requires a federal license for any American to legally “purchase, acquire, or possess a firearm or ammunition.”

To obtain this license you would need to prove that you are of “sound mind and character,” you do not “potentially create a risk to public safety,” and you meet “any other requirements the government determines relevant.” No standards or guidelines are provided in the law, so presumably, the ATF would make it up as they went along. Assuming anyone could qualify, authorities, “make a determination of suitability,” for your possession and ownership of firearms, including any you currently own.

This is in addition to his idea of making all "assualt weapons NFA items. My guess is that if Biden is elected and Senate either turns blue or if the Republicans only maintain a thin majority, These things will be passed and signed into law by February. The idea that the courts will save us on this is doubtful if Biden is in the White House. He will have the whole Justice Department working on it at our expense.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
and THAT is a terrifying thought.
5717 died in committee (as it should) but you KNOW if he gets in it WILL be back.

·
Registered
9,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The test will be that if you want to own a gun, then you are by definition not of "sound mind and character,” so you “potentially create a risk to public safety," and therefore the license is denied. So the very acting of applying for the permit disqualifies you.

It's like the classic exchange that occurs starting at 0:58 in this video:

·
Premium Member
4,895 Posts
I think Biden should be tested to see if he is of sound mind to run for president.
You beat me to it. Biden would fail the test. By a wide margin.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I propose a psych test for anyone running for congress or President. Oh, wait, Biden is frequently tested for his dementia. Must be by the fake Facebook fact checkers because his symptoms are so obvious.

·
Registered
36,192 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
It all leaves me wondering about the electorate. Anyone who'd vote for Biden is of questionable competency when the guy is littorally competant for little more than ordering his next meal from a menu.

·
Registered
729 Posts
That is
The test will be that if you want to own a gun, then you are by definition not of "sound mind and character,” so you “potentially create a risk to public safety," and therefore the license is denied. So the very acting of applying for the permit disqualifies you.

It's like the classic exchange that occurs starting at 0:58 in this video:
The "Catch 22"

·
Registered
729 Posts
We currently do not have a psych test for exercising our first amendment rights, Nor do we have one for any other. Can you imagine the outcry that would happen if a politician proposed a psych clause to the first amendment? You can only speak against the government if you have a license, which can only be granted upon successful completion of a psych eval so that you don't say anything dangerous, and only then if you pay the license fee of $10 per instance.

·
Registered
373 Posts
It all leaves me wondering about the electorate. Anyone who'd vote for Biden is of questionable competency when the guy is littorally competant for little more than ordering his next meal from a menu.
I honestly do not think he can order a meal from a menu. I do not think he is even competent to do THAT.

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
I think Biden should be tested to see if he is of sound mind to run for president.
No testing needed. Mrs OldChap and I have been around a lot of dementia and Alzheimer's patients. Once you see it, you never forget the early signs. He clearly displays those signs. My guess is early-onset dementia. Mrs OldChap agrees. It is as clear as the nose on his face.

The problem is that once such a law is passed, then ole sleepy Joe will have to find some way to enforce it. And the who will quickly become very problematical. Afghanistan will look like a vacation paradise.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Wasn't Biden recently asked about taking a test to show his mental fitness. Didn't he blow a gasket.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts