1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big Sis Refuses To Answer Congress On Bullet Purchases

DHS staying mum as members probe for explanations

Steve Watson, Infowars.com, Mar 21, 2013

Speaking at CPAC with Infowars and We Are Change reporter, Luke Rudkowski, Congressman Timothy Huelscamp revealed this week that the Department of Homeland Security has refused to answer questions from “multiple” members of Congress regarding its recent purchase of huge amounts of weapons and ammunition.

“They have no answer for that question. They refuse to answer to answer that.” Huelscamp said.

“I’ve got a list of various questions of agencies about multiple things. Far from being the most transparent administration in the world, they are the most closed and opaque.” The Congressman added.

See Video: » Big Sis Refuses To Answer Congress On Bullet Purchases Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
From a fiscal accountability standpoint they should be held accountable for such large expenditures in the face of budget and spending cuts.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Interesting indeed. But looking at the ammo situation lately and how fast it's been disappearing off the shelves nationwide, they still have some catching up to do.

·
Administrator
144,855 Posts
“They have no answer for that question. They refuse to answer that.”

IF...in fact it is true that they have no plausible, logical, answer to the question or refuse to answer the question then (by their silence) they HAVE answered the question.

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
I hate to say it guys, but i did some research on this and this is what I found, I also posted it in the previous post on the MRAPS and the 1.6 billion rounds here (post 77): http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum.../162224-dhs-bullets-drones-tanks-oh-my-6.html

Okay, I try to learn something every day...

Here's what I found... bolding is mine

Table 2: Small Caliber Requirements, Fiscal Years 2000 to 2005:

In millions of rounds.

Type: 5.56mm;
FY 2000: 626.2;
FY 2001: 575.6;
FY 2002: 689;
FY 2003: 929;
FY 2004: 1,181;
FY 2005: 1,353.

Type: 7.62mm;
FY 2000: 47.2;
FY 2001: 50.7;
FY 2002: 92.2;
FY 2003: 136.3;
FY 2004: 313;
FY 2005: 282.

Type: .50-caliber;
FY 2000: 20.4;
FY 2001: 15.7;
FY 2002: 22.6;
FY 2003: 41.8;
FY 2004: 67;
FY 2005: 74.

Type: 9mm;
FY 2000: 39.6;
FY 2001: 133.7;
FY 2002: 104.2;
FY 2003: 146.4;
FY 2004: 75;
FY 2005: 81.

Total;
FY 2000: 733.4;
FY 2001: 775.7;
FY 2002: 908;
FY 2003: 1,253.5;
FY 2004: 1,636;
FY 2005: 1,790.

Source: PEO for Ammunition data, GAO analysis.
Notes:

In Fiscal year 2005 1.353 BILLION rounds of 5.56 ammo alone was used by DOD. 5.56 rounds are used in the M-16.
TOTAL of all small caliber rounds used 1.79 BILLION in one year.

Source: Government Accounting Office.

Link to document: GAO-05-687, Defense Ammunition: DOD Meeting Small and Medium Caliber Ammunition Needs, but Additional Actions Are Necessary

Now the only question that remains is why they need so many MRAPS?
And now, with "everything on the table" vis a vis Israel and Iran... we could very well be going to war.... REAL, DECLARED WAR against IRAN, at the behest of our ally Israel.

·
Registered
494 Posts
From another article on the topic:

If the DHS can’t handle being under the supervision of Congress, it should be defunded without an apology to the administration or to the mainstream media. Such matters are extremely serious and fall outside the realm of partisan bickering.
I couldn't agree more.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I doubt it has little to do with the proposed gun legislation but more with impending civil war if things w=really get bad. As I've stated previously, I believe DHS is the future national police force making all others subservient to it.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I doubt it has little to do with the proposed gun legislation but more with impending civil war if things w=really get bad. As I've stated previously, I believe DHS is the future national police force making all others subservient to it.

I believe the proper title is Gestapo.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Congress'll need to show me the element in the Constitution that specifically authorizes this, domestically. Standing armies, 'n' all.

We'd be far, far better off with the ol' "Think globally, buy locally" approach, in this respect. Halve the "fiscal gravy train" going to the feds and re-route half of it to the counties and states. That will be a start. Lacking that, though, I suspect you might well be correct.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I hate to say it guys, but i did some research on this and this is what I found, I also posted it in the previous post on the MRAPS and the 1.6 billion rounds here (post 77): http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum.../162224-dhs-bullets-drones-tanks-oh-my-6.html

And now, with "everything on the table" vis a vis Israel and Iran... we could very well be going to war.... REAL, DECLARED WAR against IRAN, at the behest of our ally Israel.
Well then what's with the silence? You would think that unless they've been stockpiling it for all of those years then the answer's pretty easy to give. And DHS was spawned out of terrorism. FBI, BATFE and National Guard not enough "Homeland Security?" No tin foil hat here, but I personally just don't get the purpose behind a lot of what DHS is or meant to accomplish. I mean if it's legit, them I'm all for it. Otherwise, if they're planning on the real, declared war thing, I think they'd be better off just handing out that ammo to DC members. :biggrin2:

·
Registered
452 Posts

Your data is eight years old and for DoD not DHS.

Reactions: oneshot

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
Your data is eight years old and for DoD not DHS.
Yep and Forbes was quoted to in an OP ED...

Make of it what you will... There's enough of a real threat with the various gun grabs... that This is low on my list... it's there... and I'm watchin' it... but it ain't right there in front of me... the enemy in front is engaging me now... if you want to cover my back, go ahead, more power to you...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts