Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the chaos in the world (and even more now with corona), I feel like I need to upgrade my setup this month. Right now I cc Glock19, iwb with Kore 1.5" tactical belt (my favorite belt) and I want to look at a new holster and the new kore 1.75" garrison belt. any new holsters folks have tried or would recommend that wil work with my glock and 1.75" belt?

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
How do you like to carry? IWB, OWB, appendix, cross draw; what holsters have you owned that worked well; leather, Kydex?

I mean, we can name drop all day, but if it is not the style you prefer...

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
With all the chaos in the world (and even more now with corona), I feel like I need to upgrade my setup this month. Right now I cc Glock19, iwb with Kore 1.5" tactical belt (my favorite belt) and I want to look at a new holster and the new kore 1.75" garrison belt. any new holsters folks have tried or would recommend that wil work with my glock and 1.75" belt?
Tell me again why you feel you need to upgrade your carry system. What is wrong or missing with what you are using now??

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
"If you are going to get a bigger belt and another holster, you might as well get a bigger gun." - @Mike1956

I'm all in for playing the "what if" speculative game today while sheltering in place.

Stepping up could mean a Glock 17 or 22 to compliment your G19. Also, to provide alternatives, you might look at an OWB holster. I have a KT Mech LLC OWB holster for a G22 with a Streamlight TLR-1 that I like pretty well. It fits close and retains the pistol well. With a cover garment it works for concealment, too. https://www.kt-mech.com/index.html.

·
Registered
8 Posts
By all means buy new kit if that's what you want, but keep in mind that you've been training and practicing with your current rig. If you really think that it's currently more likely that you'll actually need to use your pistol, now may not be the time to change things up.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Need to know what your looking for first? All my belts are 1.75" as the vertical support eliminates the need for extreme thickness in a belt.
I have leather and Kydex options that all accommodate a 1.75" belt width but, most are snap loops and many of those are adjustable.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tell me again why you feel you need to upgrade your carry system. What is wrong or missing with what you are using now??
Probably absolutely nothing, but the OP is trying to justify a new purchase. Who am I to stop him?
Nailed it ! Justification at its finest.

I’ve clearly had a lot of time on my hands at home to do my research and order my new setup- so I
went back to kore and picked up their new garrison belt. I measured it and it really is a full 1.75 inches wide as the company states. Same ratchet system as other belts which I am familiar with an really like.

Also went with the KINGTUK IWB and loaded up the belt- the Garrison could handle the holster and with the wider belt I can now carry more mags and a knife now. My wife thinks it’s a bit crazy to see all this loaded up and doubts it can hold the weight but I showed her how to adjust the belt tighter to my waist for support.

First impressions having just tried it out for the day around house and yard is that its a beast. I plan to post a better review once next month if this damn lockdown is lifte after I test this damn thing out for any of you who are interested.

·
Premium Member
2,493 Posts
I run the KORE also,I picked it up a few months ago I found it to be no better or worse than
anything else I have owned but I like the adjustment clickers..I wish that belt was twice as thick (and made in usa would be nice instead of china)
its the thinnest of all my gun belts . 1.75 wont fit into many pants as an FYI.....
All my IWB CCW holsters are the same ,Kydex w 15 degree cant that usually cost me 25-30 bucks on the internet
and it took me a dozen holsters brands and designs to figure out what fit me best,obviously this is totally a choice based on
comfort

·
Premium Member
33,776 Posts
1.75" belts create more problems than they solve, IMO.

Reactions: FLSlim
1 - 14 of 14 Posts