Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Ive read about it but dont really see a point and it really is cost prohibtive not only the gun but the ammo and even reloading stuff for it ..

If im going 50 im going Hugeeeee I mean big :biggrin:

Neat ideal thoug but ive also heard of some problems no this was early on when they first came out problems with barrel contact shearing lugs and then.. Timing type issues

Wish i could find the issue on it again

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
Bud,

I'd think there would have to be problems. Maybe they can resolve them but there's bound to be much more wear and tear on the gun in .50 cal. and as you pointed out the sheared lugs and timing would be at the top of the list, probably followed by short frame life.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
If I'm going .50 it will be a .500 S&W . No real advantages I see with a .50 auto over the .45ACP.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Strikes me as pointless trying to push 1911 platform that far beyond its design potential.

If folks really do want .50 in an auto then a DE is probably the way to go - provided the dimensions and weight are acceptable.

Mind you - never really been ''bitten'' by wish to get a DE tho - on Sunday shot a guy's DE in .357 - and it was quite a pleasant shooter - dead on at 100 yds!

·
Administrator
143,579 Posts
Well, For Only A Mere 3 Thousand Clams

You can buy the pistol in .45acp & convert it later on to a .50GI with just a barrel & magazine swap. :biggrin:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Bumper...

if it's a 1911, you want it...but that's ok :)

hehe hehe hehe

--Jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts