Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This should be a required class, take the mystery out of guns and hopefully this will help prevent the so-called accidental shootings. If kids knew about guns and what can happen when they are misused they will have more respect of them and less likely to mishandle them.

Bill would create high school firearms classes in NC

RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Math, English, gym — and firearms education.

Those could all be high school course offerings in North Carolina if a bill currently before the legislature becomes law.

House Bill 612 would allow local boards of education to decide whether to offer a comprehensive firearm education course as a high school elective. No live ammunition would be used or present.

High school principals would approve course instructors.

The course would be developed by the State Board of Education and would incorporate safety education as recommended by law enforcement agencies or a firearms association. The class would also discuss science, history and math — as they relate to firearms.
Bill would create high school firearms classes in NC | WNCN

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Oh, noooooooo, Mr. Bill ! The blood will be running in the streets ! :aargh4::aargh4::aargh4:

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
My high school had a competition rifle club. Safety was paramount in the course material.

Of course back then, every pickup truck in the student parking lot had a 30-30 or a 12 gauge (or both) hanging in the rear window gun rack.

I hope this bill passes in NC and other states follow suit,

·
Registered
175 Posts
My neighbor use to bring his heavy barreled single shot 22LR on the school bus on rifle club days. Now a pen knife gets you expelled.(60-70s)

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
We've always had special instructors for those subjects here in The (rural) Bluegrass. They're traditionally referred to as...Gran' Pappy. :biggrin2:

·
Registered
82 Posts
My neighbor use to bring his heavy barreled single shot 22LR on the school bus on rifle club days. Now a pen knife gets you expelled.(60-70s)
From gun to pen ban in public education... Pen to (gun) shaped food ban, might as well ban everything.

All I can say is goodluck NC.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I would say this bill is a long shot considering we now have a dem governor. I don't know if something like this could muster enough support to override a veto. It seems doubtful, but who knows.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts