Defensive Carry banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,083 Posts
Legalities aside, is it even doable? The time that it takes for me to squeeze the trigger is less time than it takes for the action to cycle 3 times.
It could be done. Would take some mechanical ingenuity, but it could be done.

Reactions: Havok

·
Premium Member
9,083 Posts
Jerry Miculek has a YouTube video where he compared firing rate between a bump stock and a regular single action trigger. He was able to outshoot a bump stock using a regular trigger.

The ATF will likely ban Jerry Miculek.
Or have him turn in his finger.

·
Registered
10,430 Posts
Jerry Miculek has a YouTube video where he compared firing rate between a bump stock and a regular single action trigger. He was able to outshoot a bump stock using a regular trigger.

The ATF will likely ban Jerry Miculek.
Yeah, but what I’m saying is that here, for a gun to fire 3 shots on both the squeeze and release would require the gun to be able to cycle 6 times in the amount of time that it takes to pull the trigger once. I’d be surprised if that could be achieved in a design that’s not something like the mini gun which is basically 6 guns. An M240 can cycle up to 950rpm(or so it’s advertised) which is 15.8/s.

·
Registered
12,742 Posts
Yeah, but what I’m saying is that here, for a gun to fire 3 shots on both the squeeze and release would require the gun to be able to cycle 6 times in the amount of time that it takes to pull the trigger once. I’d be surprised if that could be achieved in a design that’s not something like the mini gun which is basically 6 guns. An M240 can cycle up to 950rpm(or so it’s advertised) which is 15.8/s.
I'm betting Jerry Miculek could beat that too.

·
Premium Member
6,327 Posts
I know where you can get one and get paid to have it. Uncle.

Reactions: LimaCharlie

·
Registered
10,430 Posts
I'm betting Jerry Miculek could beat that too.
Jerry Miculek also shoots revolvers because semi autos don’t cycle fast enough. Im not saying the limitation is the person, I’m saying that I don’t know that the gun can cycle fast enough to keep up with the trigger. Maybe it could though. Never thought of it before.

Reactions: jmf552

·
Registered
15,251 Posts
Because the Las Vegas shooter did not have any binary triggers, but he did have bump stocks, although we don't know if he actually used them in the shooting. And Trump did not order the ATF to exceed their authority and ban binary triggers like he did bump stocks, even though ATF testified before Congress three times they did not have the authority to do so.

Now that regulatory "precedent" is being used to ban AR pistol braces and 80% lower builds. All because it has been shown that a president can order the ATF to exceed their authority and they will get away with it in the courts. So the answer to your question is public opinion and Trump. And BTW, I voted for him...twice. But he screwed up on that, big time.
We do know, he did not use any. Someone used a machinegun.

·
Registered
12,742 Posts
We do know, he did not use any. Someone used a machinegun.
Hmmm. Well Trump would have had access to that information, but rather than share that with the public, he illegally forced ATF to ban something that wasn't actually a factor. Go figure...

·
Registered
12,742 Posts
Jerry Miculek also shoots revolvers because semi autos don’t cycle fast enough. Im not saying the limitation is the person, I’m saying that I don’t know that the gun can cycle fast enough to keep up with the trigger. Maybe it could though. Never thought of it before.
It would obviously be easier mechanically to have the three shots fired on one action of the trigger, since some military guns have that. Of course all this regulation is nit-picky to the extreme.

·
Registered
43,677 Posts
I don't get why one would want to shoot up more ammo faster than one can with a single-shot trigger? Testosterone dump, I suppose.

Reactions: Bad Bob

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I don't get why one would want to shoot up more ammo faster than one can with a single-shot trigger? Testosterone dump, I suppose.
Dang old vet, your cranky today. Well I mean crankier than normal. 😇

·
Registered
43,677 Posts

·
Registered
15,251 Posts
So they can miss with 3 instead of one.

·
Registered
10,004 Posts
This thread reminds of the bump gun or the like back in the 80s dude rigged up a sten gun with no trigger basically pull the open bolt back and let go and it would empty the mag on full auto .It was legalish at the time as it had no trigger ..Long story short the feds said no made him destroy them and twerk the definition of full auto to avoid stuff like that ....

·
Premium Member
6,327 Posts
I think that too many are falling into the trap of thinking that any ruling issued by the ATF has to either be logical or consistent.
...or lawful.

Reactions: demanic

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm almost sure there was a trigger device that enabled a three round burse that was reclassified from legal to illegal by the ATF bout 40 years ago. I believe it had some sort of ratchet mechanism that allowed the trigger to reset multiple times as you rolled through the trigger pull..

21 - 39 of 39 Posts