Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped at a pawn shop I pass every day on the way home today. Got to leave work early since it's my bday.

Destiny.

This beauty was sitting in the case.

Locks up like a bank vault and the nickel finish is pretty much flawless. No chips or scratches - doesnt look to have been holstered at all. Can't have been fired much.

Grips are in good shape.

The gun will probably look brand new after a ballistol cleaning party followed up with some renn wax. I'll use them on the grips too and it will bring them right back to life.

Got her right at 5 bills.

Happy birthday to me.

Man I still need to post some pics of my Dan Wesson .357 Christmas present...

PS serial # is D624XXX - can anyone tell me when it was made?

PPS surcee is for the southern folks.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,789 Posts
That's "slicker'n a gut!"

1973-1974 for serial numbers falling between D510001 and D659901, according to the Supica and Nahas "Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson."

Nickel's always a little scarcer than comparable blue models and 2-inch Model 10s are not as commonly seen so you have a winning combination there.

If you wish to banish any fine hairline scratches, either now or later, a light application of Mother's Mag Polish is appropriate. The wax will help preserve things afterward.

It's amazing how well those K-Frame snubs conceal. They also are very accurate and have smooth actions. They can "rain on the J-Frame's parade", all things considered, unless one is a 98 lb. weakling who finds them to be ... toooo heavyyyy.

·
Super Moderator
18,023 Posts
The first gun I ever concealed carry and I still have a soft spot in my heart for them, nice find at a nice price.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Stopped at a pawn shop I pass every day on the way home today. Got to leave work early since it's my bday.

Destiny.

This beauty was sitting in the case.

Locks up like a bank vault and the nickel finish is pretty much flawless. No chips or scratches - doesnt look to have been holstered at all. Can't have been fired much.

Grips are in good shape.

The gun will probably look brand new after a ballistol cleaning party followed up with some renn wax. I'll use them on the grips too and it will bring them right back to life.

Got her right at 5 bills.

Happy birthday to me.

Man I still need to post some pics of my Dan Wesson .357 Christmas present...

PS serial # is D624XXX - can anyone tell me when it was made?

PPS surcee is for the southern folks.
Happy Birthday

Sure glad you had the 5 bills on you because the way you descried it I seen a armed robbery coming :rofl:

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, BMCGILVRAY - I was hoping you'd see this and respond. '73-'74 is even older than I though it was - hell its as old as I am - unfortunately I m afraid its in waaay better shape HAHA

·
Banned
5,140 Posts
nice roscoe

Reactions: RebelSoul
1 - 7 of 7 Posts