Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting in November I was bit by the Glock bug. Now 6 months later, I have the 26, 34, 40, and 43 and will be buying a 17 for my son this week. I am not trying to say that Glocks are the best, but they have been the best for me. I shoot better with them and they just fit. Have any of you been bitten by the Glock bug and replaced all your handguns? (I now only have one non-Glock handgun)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Glock 23 and Glock 43 are my EDC's depending on where I'm going or how lazy I'm feeling. I carry the G23 more often but the 43 is so darn easy to hide IWB or in most of my pockets. I love them both and don't see myself ever parting with either of them.

However, I do plan on buying other brands/styles. Looking at a Ruger SR1911 stainless steel for my next one, but that'll most likely just be a range gun. There are too many good choices out there to limit yourself solely to Glocks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yeah, I got the Glock bug. I have a G19, G20, and a G27. I also like the wife's G43. I plan on picking up a G42, a G21, and a G23 in the near future.

But, I do want to add a S&W wheel gun, a 1911, and a HK VP40. I think my sickness is spreading, lol.

·
Banned
1,995 Posts
Only the 30sf..... it carries 11 and goes bang every time.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I have owned many Glocks and still own a number of them. They are truly fine guns and several of them live in my primary carry stable. But I am not about to relinquish ownership of my other handguns for total immersion in a Glock-only inventory.

·
Registered
6,363 Posts
Starting in November I was bit by the Glock bug. Now 6 months later, I have the 26, 34, 40, and 43 and will be buying a 17 for my son this week. I am not trying to say that Glocks are the best, but they have been the best for me. I shoot better with them and they just fit. Have any of you been bitten by the Glock bug and replaced all your handguns? (I now only have one non-Glock handgun)
No, I only have (4) Glocks at the moment!:blink:

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
A Glock is on my side for most of the day, every day. Either a Glock 21 or a Glock 27. Having said that, I like HK's, Sigs, Rugers...well there are not many that I don't like!:smile:

·
Registered
671 Posts
Starting in November I was bit by the Glock bug. Now 6 months later, I have the 26, 34, 40, and 43 and will be buying a 17 ...)
Glockbugitis is less expensive than contracting the "SIGness". :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I waited till Gen3 to acquire Glock's. I still have my examples but I've moved on to the S&W MP series. With that said the Glock pistols were problem free and never had a problem with the grip angle that those individuals among us complain about.

·
Registered
233 Posts
For almost 20 years the only striker fired handguns I bought were Glocks, with only one exception. That lone exception was a Kahr P9 single stack 9mm because Glock didn't make a single stack 9mm at that time. I owned a number of different Glock models during that time in 9mm, .357 Sig and in .45 ACP. That included several pre-Gen 4 Model 19s. All worked great.

Then in 2012 I bought two Gen 4 Glock 19s a few months apart. Frustration City arrived with each of those two guns.

Starting from the very first magazine fired in each of them my face and shooting glasses got hammered with hot empty cases. Sometimes it was only 3-4 hits per magazine but most of the time it was at least 6-8 in the face. I tried almost all the fixes recommended on the gun forums and ignored the rabid Glock fan bois simple-minded claim that "it's your limp wristing" that causes the problem.

Noting worked and the round count on the guns climbed above 700 rounds each. Using more potent self defense loads or +P loads only resulted in the cases hitting my face harder. I finally read about the Apex extractor kit for Gen 4 Glocks and installed one in each G19. It was an instant fix. I now have 2K+ plus through each of these 19s and haven't had one hot case in the face. Not one. Obviously Apex knows there is a problem with the 9mm Gen 4 Glocks, which appears to be worse in the Model 19, and they know how to fix it. Glock blames weak ammo and are uninterested in fixing the problem.

During the six months or so that I fooled around trying to fix the G19s severe brass-to-face behavior I bought an FNS-9 and a Walther PPQ. I like them both and still have them. I also bought a number of other polymer framed striker fired 9mm handguns from S&W, Sig, H&K, Kahr and other Walther models. Some I have kept and some I have sold.

That branching out from a Glock Only mindset was good for me since I have discovered some really nice strikers that I actually like better than my Glock 19s. If those two G19s hadn't been built with defective extractors I would have likely continued with my Glock Only mindset. Since that time I have bought two G43 and one G42. I have never read that they have a problem with BTF. But, now that I have those single stacks I will never buy another Glock.

Sometimes I read the remark that the BTF problem is only 1 in 100,000. After getting the two Gen 4 G19s which were bought months apart and both had exactly the same problem I know it is more prevalent than that. And it appears Glock is uninterested in fixing the problem. They have changed something on the G19s from the earlier Glocks and it isn't a good change. Just my opinion, base on my experience.

OP, congratulations on your Glocks. You have nice collection going.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I only have one Glock G21 Gen4. The 34 is high on my list though. How do you like yours?

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
There's such a strong appeal to a stock GLOCK that they attract you. Then, if you have only the slightest inclination to tweak & tinker with firearms (I DO!) you become hopelessly...addicted. There are very few handguns that allow you to become completely proficient in fully-stripping its design with little more than a blunted...finish nail.

So welcome to the chanting mob - "Black Guns Matter, Black Guns Matter..." :biggrin2:

Reactions: OldChap

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Recently bought my first Glock and it has become my main carry gun other than the woods which still gets magnum revolver duty.

I sure like this G43 and find it the ideal EDC concealed gun but, Glocks won't replace anything else I own. In order of carry time: G43, GP100, LCP, Rossi 38 snub. These 4 cover all my bases and every way I carry. I can't see spending more on handguns even though there are some I would like to have.

·
Registered
896 Posts
It is good when you find something that fits you.

I went the opposite way. I used to own two Glocks years ago, but now own other handguns that just fit me better and allow me to shoot better as well. To each his own. I've heard it said that it would be pretty gross if we all liked the same girl. :puke:

Reactions: Pukindog12
1 - 20 of 46 Posts