Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've used Wolf ammuninition for the past year as practice ammo in my 9mm Glocks and Beretta, along with Remington UMC, and it's always performed well, including the steel case, non reloadable cartridges. So, I ordered 500 rounds from Ammoman for target practice in my Springfield Armory XD 45. Boy was I disappointed. I would shoot 1, maybe 2 rounds, and the gun would jam. I would clear it, most of the time having to pry the bullet out with my knife. Tried a couple of more magazine, same thing. The XD hasn't had a problem with any other type of ammo- fmj, hollow points and the new expanding point Federal ammo all work fine, without a single problem. Oh well, guess I'll just stick the rest in the back of my closet, and order some UMC. I've seen some decent prices for 500-1000 rounds. And, there's a gun show in town next weekend. Maybe I'll find something there. But I just kow that those 200+ rounds will keep calling me.

·
Super Moderator
19,009 Posts
I have a box of .45 ACP ,but haven't got out yet to try it. Either today or tomorrow probably.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
I've never tried their pistol ammo, but I haven't had a problem with their rifle stuff.
Is it all the same lot number? Maybe they put out a bum lot.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Like many I have only used mostly 7.62 x 39 - which SKS's and AK gobble up with alacrity!

I have used it also tho for .380 very successfully. Most poor feedback seems to be directed at the 45 acp offering in some guns.

·
Administrator
143,964 Posts
Wolf....you would have to give it to me free before I would ever shoot it again.

To be fair concerning Wolf...I've only ever shot their .45 & it's fine if you don't mind stoppages...Failure To Eject & and you can't group your shots and hit consistently anyway. :stups:

·
Premium Member
2,841 Posts
QKShooter said:
Wolf....you would have to give it to me free before I would ever shoot it again.
even then I would be hesistant.:blink:

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Funny. Some folks (and some guns) have problems with Wolf. It's never given me any problem, with any of the guns in which I've used it (9mm, .45 ACP, .223, 7.62X54).

Some reloads, now....different deal...

·
Registered
72 Posts
I shoot a lot of Wolf 9mm in my Berreta 92FS, Kahr PM-9. It is dirty and I have to clean the guns real good after but the guns I have eat it up real good. It's OK for practicing when you burn up a few hundred rounds in a day.
You might try going to Academy Sports and getting the CCI-Blazer in the aluminum case. It's as cheap or cheaper than Wolf and my Berreta and Kahr gobble them up like chic-o-lets also.

·
Administrator
143,964 Posts
Wolf shoots extremely dirty and it really craps up inside my extractor holes in my Colt slides.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
I'm still amazed at the number of people that shoot Wolf handgun ammo.

I won't shoot it anything but my Combloc rifles. I've tried using the Silver Bear ammo in my AR and got more than a few stuck cases in it.

I never buy cheap practice ammo. I shoot American Eagle or Winchester FMJ as practice handgun ammo. My Sigs, Colts and Berettas all deserve the best, and I don't have 90% of the problems so many people on these boards have.:smile:

Live and learn.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"You might try going to Academy Sports and getting the CCI-Blazer in the aluminum case. It's as cheap or cheaper than Wolf and my Berreta and Kahr gobble them up like chic-o-lets also."

Looks good, but they only have it in 9mm, not 45 ACP. Shucks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts