Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On another forum someone was asking about the quality of this shotgun.
Looks interesting. A lever action 12 with walnut stock. It has an aluminum receiver which I guess if it is built well should not be a problem. Has anyone had any dealings with this company?
Tried to look for unbiased reviews but all I come up with are company videos.
At $470.00 it might be a fun shotgun to own.

·
Super Moderator
16,368 Posts
Remington 870s have aluminum receivers and they are quite durable so I doubt there would be a problem in a lever action. This is the first time I have seen this brand of shotgun but I do like the looks of it and the price is reasonable.

Reactions: graydude

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
The biggest issue with pumps seems to be short stroking. I wonder how well the lever action cycles when it comes to lifting shells before trying to close the action.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Remington 870s have aluminum receivers and they are quite durable so I doubt there would be a problem in a lever action. This is the first time I have seen this brand of shotgun but I do like the looks of it and the price is reasonable.
When did this change?? Forever Rem 870s were (are?) steel.

A SOLID BLOCK OF STEEL.
It is the heart of the Model 870's landmark dependability and durability – a receiver machined from a single block of solid steel. From this foundation of impeccable strength is a smooth-shooting, rock-solid action that would still be hailed as an advancement, even if it were introduced today.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I may be mistaken so I will have to check mine with a magnet.
My 870 Wingmaster receiver along with my Ithaca-37 are made of steel , magnet test approved

Mossberg 500 didn't pass

·
Registered
340 Posts
Not sure if this is the same company in Australia , that either makes them or sells them, but have seen several pig hunting vid's where those were used and they functioned fine, is an interesting one

·
Registered
EDC Glock 19
7 Posts
Mossberg 500 receivers are made from aluminum and Remington 870's are made from steel. No magnet needed.

Regards

Rod

1 - 8 of 8 Posts