Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is definitely on my short list of things to get... Per black arch...

We're excited to announce our latest product, the Protos-M. It uses our patent-pending 3/4 Hybrid system, now paired with modular backers. Check it out!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: OD* and stukinNY

·
Registered
908 Posts
while I like the design, my carry pistol is a Bersa BP9CC, not listed.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Can't wait to see some pictures of the owb and how close it hugs the body.
I posted this same question in the official Black Arch announcement thread.

1,458 Posts
Sorry, I just saw this thread and the question. I just answered over on the thread in our part of the forum, but we actually worked really hard to ensure that it does hug pretty tight to the body in the OWB configuration. As someone that has always been an IWB guy, every OWB I tried felt like it left the gun hanging way far from my body. Personally, we solved the problem to my liking, which is really saying something, I had a very high standard. Here's the best picture I have on hand to illustrate how close it holds to the body, but I'll snap some better ones later if you guys are interested.

Protos-M OWB

Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Nice!

I especially like the OWB for the XD-S as in the picture.

I'm sure they will be available for the PPS M2 as well.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As promised, I snapped a few more pictures of the Protos-M OWB in action. Hopefully this illustrates a little better just how close our OWB configuration holds the pistol to the body.

Cheers,
Brian
Take my money !!!! Lol

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
My holster came today. Here are some pictures. Everything looks good but I have one concern. The sweat shield doesn't cover the entire slide like the ace1 gen2 does. You can see what I'm talking about in the pictures. Also the leather is thicker and stiffer than the ace1 gen2. There is also no comfort curve built into it. I also got the owb backer but have not even attached the shell to it yet. I can say the owb backer is very stiff.

I will update with what I think after wearing it for a while.

Let me know if there is anything you want to know or any pictures you might want.

1,458 Posts
My holster came today. Here are some pictures. Everything looks good but I have one concern. The sweat shield doesn't cover the entire slide like the ace1 gen2 does. You can see what I'm talking about in the pictures. Also the leather is thicker and stiffer than the ace1 gen2. There is also no comfort curve built into it. I also got the owb backer but have not even attached the shell to it yet. I can say the owb backer is very stiff.

Let me know if there is anything you want to know or any pictures you might want.

Glad to hear that the holster made it to you! We did a lot of testing an sweat guard height, testing everything from full coverage like the ace-1 to almost fully removed. Not a single tester preferred the full coverage and each mentioned how the current implementation on the protos-m was significantly more comfortable than the ace-1. That testing certainly doesn't mean everyone will have the same experience, but I think you'll find it to be an improvement over full coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Waiting on. Mine... Can't wait for it to get here. I'm most excited about the owb function.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts