Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20,257 Posts
Looks to me like natural discoloration of the metal from hot gasses leaking back as the round is fired.

·
Registered
7,260 Posts
G’s right on target as usual. No worries, you are good to go.

Are you a newer shooter? How are you cleaning the barrel?

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Is it safe to shoot in that condition?
It's a dirty business, shooting guns. Ive got what appears to be perma black on the front face of my new stainless 629 cylinder. I think it looks kind of cool. Actually wouldn't mind at all if the rest of the gun stayed blackish but comes off everywhere else.

Reactions: airslot

·
Registered
7,260 Posts
Nice. Welcome to the forum, lots of good folks that will be happy to help you with any questions or concerns.

Are you able to get training where you live?

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
Welcome! Nice pistol!

Reactions: Rock and Glock

·
Registered
362 Posts
Welcome to the forum. As a new shooter, I have a couple pieces of advice for you: 1- if you don’t know the answer, it’s not a dumb question; 2 - movies ain’t real. There’s a lot of people here who can give you good advice, so don’t be afraid to ask. And, as far as weapons go, if it happens in a movie/tv show/book, it probably won’t happen that way in real life. Again, Welcome from the Deep South!

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Please don't listen to all these yah hoos on this forum. Your new gun is obviously a bad one and is too dangerous for you to shoot. PM me for the address, and you can ship it to me for safe keeping and self preservation.

I do not currently have an HK in my safe and it would feel right at home with the other guns in there. Besides ammo is so expensive right now, I would really be saving you money in the long run.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. Lots of good folks and info here.

Reactions: Rockymonster
1 - 13 of 13 Posts