Ranger T

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Ranger-T.

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
I love when this comes up. I still have several boxes of black talon in 9mm just because of the unique nature of the round. In reality just about any modern round is superior to the fearsome Black Talon. None look as cool though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Buy a box of just about any PDA currently on the market to replace the feared "Black Talons."

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
I still have some Black Talons, too. I actually still use them as carry ammo at times.

Reactions: Christopher67

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
You mean these.
Huh. Black Talons? Those are Pre-Ranger T's. Much less threatening. :tongue:

Haven't seen a box of those around for awhile, now.

·
Premium Member
5,463 Posts
I was in the military when they came out and never really had any exposure to them. It was my understanding at the time, and this was a long time ago, that they were banned not so much because they were so powerful or anything, but because the surgeons were complaining of getting cut on sharp edges when they were removing them. Maybe it was on 20/20 or something, but that's how I remember it.

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
They disappeared because idiots in the media decided to label them as cop killers and give the impression that they would defeat soft body armor. There were also complaints about sharp edges/points. Pretty much any stupidity that you can think of. Though if memory serves they were never actually banned, the manufacturer took them off the market before that could happen.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If I remember correctly they were removed from the shelves to avoid any further "whining and crying" from the media .

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I was in the military when they came out and never really had any exposure to them. It was my understanding at the time, and this was a long time ago, that they were banned not so much because they were so powerful or anything, but because the surgeons were complaining of getting cut on sharp edges when they were removing them. Maybe it was on 20/20 or something, but that's how I remember it.

They were never banned.

Winchester voluntarily pulled them and rebadged them as Ranger SXT.

Ranger SXT was improved and released as Ranger-T.

·
Premium Member
5,463 Posts
Do they still open up like little sharp flowers?

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Do they still open up like little sharp flowers?
They should have just painted them pink and relabeled them "pretty defense rounds".

Reactions: sioux565

·
Premium Member
5,463 Posts
What scarier, BLACK TALON, or HYDRASHOCK!?!?!

Certainly either of those next to Ranger-T or HST.

I'd have gone with DRAGON FANGS!!! I'd make the box a dragon's mouth, dripping with blood, and little masked robbers impaled on each tooth in the dragon's mouth. SELL! SELL! SELL!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts