Defensive Carry banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering a shoulder holster for summer wear, because I cannot find anything I like to wear my Sig 229. I'm looking for a shoulder holster that can be worn next to the skin, under a larger t shirt or regular shirt. I find IWB holsters uncomfortable, and OWB holsters to not conceal well. I have a shoulder holster from a now defunct company called the Softholster that conceals my 229 very well, but it only has support over one shoulder, and I need support over both.
Which brings me to this Blackhawk angle draw shoulder holster.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=2108

Has anyone here ever tried this holster?

·
Registered
364 Posts
After looking at that model, I can't see how that will work for you, straps to me are to large and to much velcro for my tatse..

If you realy need a shoulder holster I say spend the bucks and buy quality, go talk with Kramer or Rossen, my two favorites, or look at the Galco copy of the ole JackAss Leather rig "Miami"

Or go to Null and or DeSantis they may have some thing...FOr me they have always been to uncomfortable,,I'm too barrel chested for them

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wore my 229 over the weekend on a belly band style holster made with surgical gauze over the chest and under the shirt. It was way too hot. So I don't think a shoulder rig would help me either in the hot weather. I think my IWB problems have been because I've been using cheap crap instead of quality stuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts