Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
You might also consider bladetech models. They are also modular. So you can buy a on the belt model, turn it into IWB, and further change over to a paddle hoslter, should you wish. Youd need only buy the additional attachments.

·
Registered
597 Posts
This is (one of) the holster(s) I have for my G23. When I'm not carrying IWB, that's the one I use (left-handed, though, as I'm backwards in general).

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
I have a couple of Blackhawks holsters. One is the Serpa which some training classes don't like (front sight only wanted the Blackhawks without the restraint mechanism of the Serpa). I personally prefer the Serpa. You just have to practice drawing till you release the weapon instinctively. I wear them concealed. I just don't tuck in my shirt.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I use a blackhawk for my 1911 and love it.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I use mine mainly for a range holster and not for carry. I think it is a little too bulky to hide under a shirt.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
The SERPA is the holster I open carry in. I will not open carry in anything less than a level II holster and the SERPA is the one I like best. I have 5 of them, one for each gun in my carry rotation. I have never had a single problem or issue with any SERPA. You can be assured, I am a fan of them.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I have a couple of Blackhawks holsters. One is the Serpa which some training classes don't like (front sight only wanted the Blackhawks without the restraint mechanism of the Serpa). I personally prefer the Serpa. You just have to practice drawing till you release the weapon instinctively. I wear them concealed. I just don't tuck in my shirt.
I also use the Serpa for an OWB but concealed by un-tucked shirt. I carry an XD40sc with it canted forward which keeps the grip close to my side.

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
I have a Glock SERPA (its made for the 22 but the smaller ones lock in fine) and I think it's fine. However, as others have mentioned, many trainers and ranges forbid the SERPA. Even FLETC, where every Federal LEO except the FBI, DEA, USBP and USPS trains has banned the SERPA after having more than one incident of a trainee shooting himself while reholstering. Personally, I think the issue is operator error and not a design flaw. Another issue is the construction of the holster, it is not Kydex first of all, it's plastic. I can't find it right now, but I saw a picture of a plain clothes LEO's SERPA that was snapped open vertically by a criminal who grabbed onto the grip of his gun during a fight and was yanking so hard on it outward that the body of the holster snapped open. If you want a real good quality OWB Kydex holster, go for Safariland. They are expensive but you get what you pay for.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts