Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Very nice knife.... I have multiple blades that i carry, b ut my primaries are a K-bar warthog with tanto point, and a benchmade griptillian with sheeps foot blade. Both are razor sharp and I have had them for several years. I also have a camillus heat auto folder, but it is illegal in indiana so i dont carry it.

Reactions: GhostMaker

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,622 Posts
A couple years ago I managed to get in on the initial run of Emerson's Ubr Commander, that I use as my "field" backup. Just wish I could afford more of Mr. Emerson's work.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
My on the job EDC is a Strider PT. I got tired of carrying knives that couldn't stand up to construction work, so I bit the bullet and shelled out the cash for a LOT better knife and I couldn't be happier. My little PT is not very large but it's built like a tank and can take the rigorous use.

Off the job...I carry either a ZT561, ZT551, DPX HEST 2.0 or a Chris Reeve Umnumzaan for pocket folders. I also carry a slip joint most of time ranging from Buck to Case to GEC.

·
Registered
63 Posts
AS I never intend to use my knife as a weapon but rather as a basic tool, I carry a Mini-Grip daily along with a SAK Classic. When I'm out hiking or doing SAR, I have a Fallkniven F1 in my pack.

I can carry an auto knife here and would LOVE to make sense out of one of Benchmade's excellent OTF knives but not for $400+. Plus, for the work I need a knife for, the autos don't cut it. So to speak...

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I like my Graham mini-Razel for general work. For CCW duty, either the 4 or 6 inch Cold Steel Ti-Lite is a great carry:

·
Registered
301 Posts
It's a neat concept, but it appears overly complicated. OP does the knife open every time, or do you found yourself fumbling with the opening procedure at times?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Fantastic engineering on the knife the OP posted. Would very much like to get one or one of the knock off's. The knife of the left of this pic is more my style. The knife I have like it is damascus steel so it holds a very sharp edge for a long time. The spring assist helps to open it and the lever at the top used by the index finger opens it like a real Stelleto but it isn't one so it's legal in more states although we are lucky enough to have zero knife laws in AZ. I had a bit of a windfall and added quite a few different but, mostly damascus steel, knives so I can change 'em up when wanted or needed depending on what state I might be going to.

Kitchen knife Knife Hunting knife Blade Cutlery

·
Registered
439 Posts
I like the quick draw sheaths for the Buck knives too. I will probably start making them at some point.

·
Registered
570 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Currently carrying a Gerber 06 Automatic Serrated Tanto. Issued prior to last deployment. I find it kind of bulky though. Probably go back to carrying a Gerber Armor or S&W folder when I have to turn the Gerber 06 back to supply.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts