Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is from 2 decades ago, but it is still one of my favorite carry guns. I still carry it some...matter of fact, I carried it yesterday and that is kind of what prompted this thread. It is a Smith and Wesson 457 in 45acp, alloy frame and 7&1 capacity. It is just a great gun...has NEVER bobbled a single round...100% with anything that it has ever been fed. Points as well as any carry gun that I have. Great shooter, too.

20160715_142500.jpg

20160715_142335.jpg

·
Super Moderator
18,418 Posts
Would seem to be a great handgun for the purpose. Wish they still made those.

Reactions: gunpoor

·
Administrator
143,574 Posts
I have shot one before.
Extremely reliable and it hits where you look.
It is very suitable as a carry firearm.

Not a huge fan of that particular holster style though.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not a huge fan of that particular holster style though.
I am not really crazy about it, anymore. It holds the gun very well, tight fit and holds the gun high and tight, which I prefer...it held the gun very well in several bicycle spills that I had back then...used to ride a bike a lot miles and it was always with me. But if I were to carry it regularly, now...I would go different.

Have to remember...as guns have, holster options have changed a lot in the last 20yrs...it was the only thing that I could live with, at the time. Most of the holsters available then were a lot less concealment oriented.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
This is from 2 decades ago, but it is still one of my favorite carry guns. I still carry it some...matter of fact, I carried it yesterday and that is kind of what prompted this thread. It is a Smith and Wesson 457 in 45acp, alloy frame and 7&1 capacity. It is just a great gun...has NEVER bobbled a single round...100% with anything that it has ever been fed. Points as well as any carry gun that I have. Great shooter, too.

View attachment 146169

View attachment 146177
But, but, but...

Its NOT polymer!

Its NOT striker fired!

It HAS a manual safety!

According to the internet gun experts, its worthy only as a partial trade-in towards a Glock. :rolleyes:

Reactions: msgt/ret

·
Premium Member
7,680 Posts
Great gun. Had one for a while but sold it. It cycled any ammo and was more accurate than me.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Nice, I seen a few of them over the years on gun shelves.

They were back in the days of S&Ws Gun of the Month.

I've owned 3 S&W non-polymer semis overs the years.

S&W 645, S&W Model 59, and S&W Model 1076.

None of the them gave me any grief, but like with a Las Vegas
METRO issued (At that time) Stainless 9mm, I couldn't hit a
darned thing with the Model 59:(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts