Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just looking for opinions on it.. We have thousands of rounds of Rem/UMC and Winchester white box, but have had some FTE, FTF problems with both brands.. Not terrible but enough to wonder if I might stop stocking up on these brands, and try something else.. Blazer seems pretty reasonable, and a lot of people do like it better than the brands I mentioned..
I can't find Blazer everywhere, but have bought it in the past when I could find it, with pretty good results.. Can't recall any issues.. What does everyone think of Blazer brass in .380 and 9mm??.. Better than what I have been using???.. bob

·
Registered
10,138 Posts
For cheep the import stuff is good as is blazer blazer alwasy seemed middle of road/weak to me

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have been shooting Blazer 9mm almost exclusively, 180+ rds every two weeks at least. I've had no FTC or FTE issues. It doesn't smell bad and it's not all that dirty from what I can tell.

I've got some Southern Munition rounds to work through next, but really like the Blazer Brass.

Just my 2¢

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oh, and TargetSports USA I think has the best non discount price on Blazer 9mm usually. However a decent holiday Cabela's discount will get you down to 0.20¢ / rnd.

·
Registered
14 Posts
According to my sheet, I've shot 1450 rnds of Blazer Brass 9MM LUGER with zero incidents. This is on a Glock 19 GEN4 and M&P9FS and the occasional rental.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I exclusively shoot either Blazer Brass or American Eagle in 9mm. With thousands of rounds shot, I've not had a single issue. AE shoots a little hotter the BB. Both are fairly clean and reasonably priced, almost always on sale somewhere.

I've had mixed results with Remington UMC and find WWB to be very dirty.

·
Banned
5,140 Posts
I've never had any problems with Blazer Brass or Aluminum cased ammo.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I shoot Blazer Brass 124 gr 9mm with my M&P shield and 9 Compact all the time. probably 1500 rounds through the shield and about 500 through the 9C.
I like their 124 gr quite a bit more than the 115.
Aguila 124gr is also very good, it's a bit dirtier than Blazer bet I actually find it to be more accurate at 10 to 15 yards.
I've never had an issue with either brand.
WWB and TulAmmo are the 2 brands i stay away from. TulAmmo jams in my shield....constantly and WWB is often very under powered
(and more expensive....go figure) I've had good results with Remington as well, but I like to stay with one or two brands
so I know what I'm getting.
magtech is also very good but I can never seem to find it in 124 :(

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
just looking for opinions on it.. We have thousands of rounds of Rem/UMC and Winchester white box, but have had some FTE, FTF problems with both brands.. Not terrible but enough to wonder if I might stop stocking up on these brands, and try something else.. Blazer seems pretty reasonable, and a lot of people do like it better than the brands I mentioned..
I can't find Blazer everywhere, but have bought it in the past when I could find it, with pretty good results.. Can't recall any issues.. What does everyone think of Blazer brass in .380 and 9mm??.. Better than what I have been using???.. bob
I'm assuming from your comment ... this is a regular and repeated issue .... so... Get the gun fixed ... cycling right and check the extractor, etc. good. If in doubt , new springs and extractor and to a gunsmith or the factory.
I wouldn't use a different ammo to try to fix the issue.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I've been using Blazer Brass for range ammo pretty exclusively ... 9mm 115 grn and 124 grn JHP. I can usually find it @ a reasonable price on the internet, no problems with the pistols, always seems to go 'Bang'. Seems ok to me.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Blazer is CCI/ATK ammo. Always been good reliable stuff for me. I like it, and Federal American Eagle and Sellier & Bellot.

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
Blazer works flawlessly out of all my handguns. Glocks, Rugers, Dan Wesson 1911. For the good stuff I shoot Federal HST but for range ammo blazer is hard to beat.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the replies my friends, thats what I was hoping to read.. Price wise, its not that far away from UMC/Rem, or WWB, although those brands do go on sale a lot... I will start adding more Blazer .380 and 9mm to the piled boxes in my ammo storage.... bob

·
Registered
546 Posts
Blazer brass ammo has always given me good results. In fact, I'm about to to go shoot an action pistol match with blazer brass 9mm.

·
Banned
2,094 Posts
Winchester ammo has had quality control issues. I won't buy it ever. Never had a single problem with any CCI or Federal product.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Personally, I find the ammo I'm confident in and stock up on that rather than buying bulk just to find my firearm is "sensitive" to it.
My "go to" is American Eagle and Blazer Brass. They are good for reloading too (if/when you get into reloading).
I also agree with having the firearm checked for issues.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 32 Posts