Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 64 days, I finally recieved my Maine Permit in the mail. I signed it and went to work. After I got off work, I stopped by Target to pick up some items. After I got home, I got the sudden urge to go to WalMart. I printed out the Tactical WW map and went on my way.

I had a Blimpie sub and got most of the items. The one thing I really wanted was ammo but all they had was .40 and I dont need anymore .40. They had 10 cases of .40 but nothing else. Oh well it was a nice night to take a walk around.

It's nice to be a Sheepdog. Have a great night.

Mark

·
Registered
359 Posts
Congrats on your new permit Sheepdog.

·
Super Moderator
50,583 Posts
Congrats on that new permit...:hand10:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
132 Posts
congrats on the new permit. i was thinking about buying a .40 cal glock but got talked into getting a glock 19(no regrets) but now the only ammo they seem to have at wal mart is the .40 cal like you said. i got lucky the other day and behind the big sign that said "limit 2 boxes of ammo" was about 4 boxes of 9mm so i got 2. if i hadn't been looking so hard i wouldn't have noticed it.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Welcome to the world of concealed carry

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Missouri is a little safer now.:hand10:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Congrats on the new permit. Stay safe!

·
Registered
11 Posts
First, congratulations on getting your CC permit! Wow, I sure hope it doesn't take me that long to get my permit. I downloaded the PDF file from the State of Maine web site, filled it all out, included a copy of my birth certificate, passport photo, etc and mailed it in. It was returned to me a week later with a message stating that I had to submit my application to my local police station. Well, why wasn't the web site clear on this. There is NO mention of that that I could find.

So, the next day I stop in at my local police station and hand them my already completed paperwork. The lady asks, "Is this OUR form?". What do you mean, I asked. She said that the police station has their own application form. Oh for the love of....they use the State of Maine (template) application in its entirety, plus, they added several consent forms for getting your medical/psychiatric records.

And, the application cost me $35. Anyway, I'll keep practicing at my local gun club and taking more courses until my permit comes in. Woot!

·
Banned
112 Posts
Mengel4228, you list your location as Missouri. Do you live there? Why would you get a Maine concealed carry permit? Even with reciprocity, you are still required to have the permit for the state you live in. If you DO live in MO, be careful carrying on a Maine permit...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Congrats... Now you need to get a big box to house all the cc holsters you'll go through before you find the one you like!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts