Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happened last night in Austin.

Early reports sound like BLM/ANTIFA were marching and someone carrying a rifle (legal in Texas) approached a vehicle and the driver shot them.

This one could go many ways. In Texas your car is a perfectly legal carry location even without a carry permit as long as you are not looking to commit a crime and it is concealed from view. If the driver was just caught in traffic and some goon pointed a rifle at them, I can see it being a justified shooting, though very few details are out yet. Seems the rifle carrier died.

So, if you are gonna tote a firearm in a protest, it is on YOU to keep that muzzle discipline and not do stupid things.

I will be keeping up with this because of course, our new Marxist type DA may try anything.

What times we have lived to see....

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Once again the media states their opinion as fact. They identify the rifle carrying protester as the victim, but present no facts about who the aggressor actually was.

I'll wait for more details before jumping to conclusions. It could go either way.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Watching the long video available on REDDIT the protestors go from brash, angry, bold, and WHOSE STREETS OUR STREETS types to sniveling, crying, hysterical, useless children in .0001 seconds. I won't post the link because there is incredibly raw and foul language, but just google video for BLM shooting in Austin.

Sadly I have been expecting something like this would happen simply because nation wide the "protestors" keep pushing the envelope and any person that has watched the news is going to be on edge when surrounded by black clad, weapons toting crowds.

I also expect Austin to burn tonight or this week when the crying, sniveling, hysterical kids get their panties bunched up again and do what they do best, which is throw a city wide tantrum like Portland and Seattle and start the burning and looting again because, well, the police didn't PROTECT THEM!!!

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
Regardless of how this turns out, it seems that this will be repeated in other locations - people are not going to sit still and be accosted by these armed "protestors".

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
I certainly won't sit by and be abused by anyone.
I can take a lot, and have a ton of thick skin, but if someone crosses a line between my safety, my family and loved ones safety, or my property ....... I will defend.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Too many stories out there, with video confirmation, about “protesters” damaging cars and hurting their occupants when they stumble onto a “protest”. I don’t blame anyone for stepping on the gas or opening fire in a situation like that.

·
Registered
219 Posts
"people are not going to sit still and be accosted by these armed "protestors"."
^^^...As they should not, I believe this may become much more common as tensions rise and people are fed up with these confrontations.

·
Premium Member
3,831 Posts
Not surprised
We don’t put up with that crap here.
If any evidence that the rifle toting protester hat it pointed at the guys car, I would consider it self defense.
You can carry a rifle in Texas but the minute you point it at someone, you are inviting us to shoot you
I will wait for the evidence, but don’t trust Austin DA’s not to try to destroy the shooter

·
Premium Member
4,301 Posts
Sounded like a lot of gunfire from at least two different weapons.

Reactions: Sister

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Seattle Police Chief is drawing his officers back, after declarations by the city council as to what the cops can carry and do and what they cannot. He has stated he will not subject his officers to conditions in which he cannot guarantee their safety.

In Minneapolis the police department is being dismantled. In the face of that Muslim groups have declared that they will be providing street patrols that will be charged with enforcing Sharia Law. This while Minneapolis citizens have started forming armed groups of citizen patrols to keep their version of the peace.

This is going to get real, real quick.

·
Registered
219 Posts
"but don’t trust Austin DA’s not to try to destroy the shooter "
^^^...absolutely! until we (the hard working, tax-paying, and reasonable citizens) start making our voices clear as to our expectations of government (and local politicians) concerning dealing with these "looters and rioters" we will see no change. Politicians react to public outcry, until we step up and voice our's, we will see no change.

·
Registered
8,419 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
There is one youtube video of the same armed protester being asked why is he carrying his rifle proir to the shooting talking smack about an hour before the shooting.
KXAN news I think reported that the car was attempting to cross an interaction. The car was swarmed by protesters beat on the ar and the armed Protested came up the the passenger side and open fire.The Occupant had called 911 before returning fire. Afterwards they drove down the road abit and was cooperating with LE.

·
Registered
167 Posts
We all need to be diligent in where we go and of our immediate surroundings but IMHIO this kind of thing can happen to anyone of us. Carry what you feel you need then go one up on that. A good shotgun or semiautomatic rifle will serve one well if caught in a situation like this.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
Not being critical, but just asking an honest question... How would you bring a long gun to bear in this situation? Seems like that would be very difficult sitting in a car seat as happened in this incident.
Understand why you ask. My long gun is a fairly short rifle, a mini-14 that resides in a soft case and once in the vehicle (usually my truck) can be slide out of the case in a second or two. First weapon to be used would be my EDC handgun and then a 2nd handgun and then the rifle if needed. I get plenty of practice pulling the rifle out of the case as I hunt groundhogs most every day on the way home and I know that I can bring into action fairly quick.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts