Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nice looking decal.. Be cautious though it may cause unwarranted damage to your vehicle by the anti police masses... Hopefully it doesn't but a good buddy of mine had his window smashed for his Blue Lives Matter decal

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
I don't think it's wise to use one's vehicle to promote any propaganda cause. As Lt.Smoke says it can make you a target no matter what you have on the sticker. And realistically have you ever met someone who changed their mind about a social issue because they saw a bumper sticker or window decal? Better to donate the money if you think it's a good idea.

Apropos of nothing research has shown that the presence of even one sticker on a car correlates to higher incidents of road rage. It doesn't matter what the sticker; a rainbow on a Prius or a rebel flag on a pickup, both correlate the same.

Reactions: Instymp

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand all of that and am reluctant. I've decided that is exactly their objective. To drive good people into submission trough criminal behavior. I've had it and am taking a stand. Even if I have to take it alone. Besides, not likely to be a problem in rural WV.

I also found a nice one with BLM over a badge. Thought it would be a cool way to hijack their life acronym.

Anyway, I'm going in. Who's coming with me?

·
Registered
887 Posts
I applaud you for taking a stand but unfortunately in today's world it may be best to do it in a less obvious way. For myself I worry about wife being alone in the car. I don't put any gun related or LE related stickers on our vehicles. Maybe i am just being a wussy or just getting old.

Reactions: Spark456

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Different trains of thought.
But I have no problem with stickers supporting local LEO and FF.
Sometimes you take a stand. But be ready for possible consequences from cowards.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think it's a great idea and I'm trying to find one I like myself. If people wanna start trouble, it can be handled. Plus, who do you think the cops will side with? A thug with a baseball bat trying to bust my windows or a CWP holder with a pro-LEO decal?

I also do always try to park by a camera if I go into the city. Been doing that ever since my truck was keyed in high school.

Sent from my SM-G920V

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
I applaud anyone wanting to show support, even though I preach gray man every chance I get.

Thank you for the support, it does not go unnoticed

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I learned my lesson back in 1978 when I put a nice small window decal of our department shoulder patch on my personal vehicle. I walked up to my car one night and found a rock thrown through the window and the decal. No more markings on my POV's thank you.

Reactions: Phaedrus

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No mainstream social media for me. I'll gladly display the #backtheblue. Just don't ask me how to use it.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Great idea & admirable!! It is sorta like wearing a NRA in downtown Asheville though, you are going to get some peace loving individuals that will start some crap. I am too old to start stirring the pot.
Peace & love to all.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Please don't take my earlier post as convincing you not to do it OP just tread cautiously my friend.. I do really like that decal though :)

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bubblehead751

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I totally get the sentiment and if I didn't drive my wife and kids in the truck, I'd show my support this way as well.

Before and since retiring from the military I refrained from military decals as well. I didn't even like having an installation decal on my vehicles.

There are other ways to show support that don't make one a target...I always talk to the police...thank them for doing their job. Support organizations that support them, etc.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Maybe I'll start with a polo and a T-Shirt. Would be foolish to solicit advice and not at least consider it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts