Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people like them? Anyone have one? I've never held a bovbtailed one so I don't know, how do they feel in the hand?

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Good Question i would like to know too Was thinking of a Ed brown kobra Carry at one time but hard to flip bill when ya dont know if you like the bob tail

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I rarely suffer hammer bite, either from basic 1911 or BHP and so would not feel the need.

Fron an aesthetics POV some find them attractive but I'd not bother just for looks! :smile:

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I have one. I've owned 1911's for 40 years and this is my first bob tail. I can't tell the difference. But I'm like a few other guys, in that I've never had hammer bite.
If you're ccw'ing the bob tail might catch on your clothes.

AFS

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
I've never had, held or shot one so wouldn't know from experience. Seems to me to be more an aesthetics thing, as Chris said. I can't say that it looks bad. In fact it looks sort of appealing to me, but doubt I would buy one solely for the bobtail. I have never had "hammer bite" either.

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
They LOOK Neat.

If I had some $$ that I didn't know what to do with then I'd have a bobtail done for cosmetic reasons. I think it's a really good looking modification. I don't think it really makes any pistol shoot or conceal any better. But, I really do like the look of it. :smile:

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
The bobtail might soften the edge from printing under clothes, but not sure if it would be worth the cost.

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I am on the fence here, without holding one, I can't make up my mind weather I like it or not, does that sound weird?

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Nope doenst sound werid im hoping Cabelas has one tomm when i go looking for a BP rifle so i can fondel a Bobtail

Umm hate to ask but what does bob tail have to do with hammer bite.. the beaver tail should take care of the that bob tail is the cut off on the main spring housing

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I had made an assumption Bud - that ''Bobtail'' was just a euphemism for beavertail!!

Shows how close I looked at the pic - DUH! Darn it - I can be so thick!

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
P95Carry said:
I had made an assumption Bud - that ''Bobtail'' was just a euphemism for beavertail!!

Shows how close I looked at the pic - DUH! Darn it - I can be so thick!
:chairshot J/K Anytime you see a 1911 your spusto pay attention to all the details on it. alot of people have customized 1911's and some of the details can be easly overlooked if not studied for a few min.

JMB= :king:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts